Owch, just busted my Z5500's big time

Status
Not open for further replies.
there RMA service is really good, you don't evne have to turn in the speakers.. no joke.. all you ahve to do is send them in the receiver, and they will send you a completely new set of speakers

my friend has done so, and he has 2 of everything now.. but 1 receiver...

his cause was that 1 speaker fizzled out.. he had em for almost 2 years now.. so you should see if you could RMA em

Ya, if he would have kept the manual around he probably wouldn't be having this problem.... I bet it has a basic circuit diagram or something that would show you were a fuse is.

Another reason i got Klipsch speakers :)

Really don't see your point as Klipsch 2.1 and z-5500 can't be compared in any way.

I don't really see what's so mediocre about these lancec. KMAN's incident is user error, it has nothing to do with speaker quality. I've abused the **** out of my z-5500 at times, and it just won't let go.

But KMAN, just get a fuse, that's probably all that's wrong.

Really don't see your point as Klipsch 2.1 and z-5500 can't be compared in any way.

I don't really see what's so mediocre about these lancec. KMAN's incident is user error, it has nothing to do with speaker quality. I've abused the **** out of my z-5500 at times, and it just won't let go.

But KMAN, just get a fuse, that's probably all that's wrong.

Agreed.. i've had many HELLA loud session w/ my volume maybe 3/4 of the way, paired up w/ an xfi.. bass banging loud as ****!!! and never once have i blown out a speaker.. or heard distortion.. or blown a fuse or anything

and again, you have to keep in mind.. they are computer speakers... can't be bumpin' everyday...

I agree with past posts. The speakers are fine for sure. Something in the amplifier stage is toast. My guess would be the op-amps. Cheap to replace, hard to remove even with good soldering skills. I would put in a socket in place on the pcb so replacing them in the future is a snap. I'm surprised that would even happen for them only being a powered computer speaker system.

I've got a set of the Z-5500 that's only been used for about a few months. I'll sell you mine if you want it. Still in it's original packaging and in excellent condition. I live with other roommates so I don't have the room like I use to, to set them up. Plus, it's loud and my landlord will be ****ed.

PM me if you want them. It's stored in my closet for over a year, lol. I don't think I'll ever use it again until I get my own apartment of house :p. I have no clue how much it would cost to ship that sucker since it's so HEAVY!!! The subwoofer is like a mini fridge, lol.

go to the store and buy new ones. then wait a week and take the old ones back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom