Not open for further replies.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
hows this Card (Razer Barracuda AC-1)
compared to X-fi xtremegamer?

even though creative just release beta drivers on the 2nd
I am thinking of this card just for backup
in case creative fails.....

Better for gaming. It's protected from magnetic interference, uses better DAC's (digital analogue converter) but it is more expensive. It may or may not be better for music, as i had it myself but never listened to music through it. It has many options on it though, it is a good card.

Could of just pm'd me ;)

in theory it can use better DAC. in reality it doesn't. they have a stronger pre out (4 or 5 volt as opposed to 2 for the creative). most people think that louder is better, but the accuracy just isn't there. I once post the review of these cards (and some more) here

in theory it can use better DAC. in reality it doesn't. they have a stronger pre out (4 or 5 volt as opposed to 2 for the creative). most people think that louder is better, but the accuracy just isn't there. I once post the review of these cards (and some more) here

That maybe so. But no facts will ever change the fact that in my opinion the razer sounded better, i've had both. And the razer to me did sound better once the bass end was sorted out (as you'de expect from razer, the bass was + a few dB) But i found it did have good clarity.

Just my opinion.

huh? that wasn't what you said in another thread. again though to most people louder is better even if it isn't as accurate

It's pretty crap for music. Thought i'd let you know. For its target of gaming, its good. But i've not compared it to creative gaming cards.

Soundcard Comparison

AUZENTECH AUZEN X-MERIDIAN 7.1
RAZER BARRACUDA AC-1
CREATIVE LABS X-FI XTREMEGAMER FATAL1TY PRO

SoundcardComparison_Page_1.jpg

SoundcardComparison_Page_2.jpg

huh? that wasn't what you said in another thread. again though to most people louder is better even if it isn't as accurate

I have since. I can tell you now i have pretty well established ears, ofcourse not as good yours as you have way more experience. But the whole family has a hi-fi set, new and old, we've got about 5 sets of PC speakers and i've had alot of headphones and am currently auditiong some Monitors as you know for my room. My point is i know that it's louder, but i do think it is more accurate. I find the high end better, again, it may not be technically better - but i prefer the sound it makes better.

As i said erlier in the thread though, i did very little music listening, mainly game testing.

I have since. I can tell you now i have pretty well established ears, ofcourse not as good yours as you have way more experience. But the whole family has a hi-fi set, new and old, we've got about 5 sets of PC speakers and i've had alot of headphones and am currently auditiong some Monitors as you know for my room. My point is i know that it's louder, but i do think it is more accurate. I find the high end better, again, it may not be technically better - but i prefer the sound it makes better.

As i said erlier in the thread though, i did very little music listening, mainly game testing.

well you know the saying. if you like it, you like it. don't go changing your card based on my opinion if you like listening to it.

Yup. Nothing more subjective to audio.

E.g.

'This speaker is fantastic it has the most powerfull and accurate bass for <£500''

Thats all well and good ^ ^, but who said they want powerfull bass

------------

It's that kind of thing which makes audio way to subjective.

heh, I bought it anyways
because of the poor creative drivers

wonder if I should use the controversial Daniel_K's drivers
and give it another shot before I swap it out?

anyone had experiences with Daniel_K's driver?

Snake91839:
good ol' times indeed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom