only rear speakers work in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

comical ali

Beta member
hi there peeps, hope one of you legends can help:

i've got creative 4.1 (4400's) speakers and have a nforce on board soundcard.

the problem is, while i get sound from all four satellite speakers from playing winamp tunes and dvd's, when i play games the sound only comes through my rear speakers.

the i have the latest version of the nforce drivers and have also downloaded nvmixer which allows you to configure and test your speakers0- the test this performs successfully plays sound out of each satellite in turn (though not the sub interestingly). i have tried changing the setting on nvmixer (and via the speakers tab in control panel>sound devices) between quadraphonic and 5.1, but it makes no difference.

as for the connections- there are two conecting leads- black and green- that are plugged from the sub to the corresponding - pink and green audio ports in the back of my rig, the mic port is not connected to the speakers.

i have tried changing the speaker settings in-game from stereo to quadraphonic, to no avail.

any ideas?

thx :confused:

well i just installed HL2 and that works on all 4!:) but another recent game - farcry only played out of two, but at least i know its not a hardware/driver problem. and if HL2 and CS:S work with it then its hard to complain.

i'll post back if i find anything else useful out

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom