Onboard sound difficulties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you never said if you checked the BIOS for your onboard sound. You never said if you got the driver. We cant help unless you tell us what you have tried already. This thread was abandoned since May so we dont know anything at this point.

Yeah I did:
s37d said:
I've already removed the drivers for the SB Live. I didn't find an option that said "onboard sound" on in bios. I'll look again.

Just looked over bios again, no option for onboard sound, just ac '97 audio, which was on auto. I turned it to enabled, didn't help.

And as far as drivers, I've tried several. Some were from the web, and of course I tried the ones on the motherboard CD, no go.

That was posted back in May. How are we supposed to know if that data is still good and you didnt do anything since then?

Go to device manager and remove all audio devices up top click on scan for hardware changes. If nothing shows up like mak said you need to go into the bios and make sure you have the audio turned on. May read AC'97 audio, be sure to set it to on not auto. then go back into device manager and see if it is there.

Alright I did what you said, uninstalled the device. I then had it search for new devices and it found it and automatically installed drivers for it. Still no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom