Onboard sound........

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
Right ive got onboard sound, no aftermarket soundcard, basically i bought some Logitech x 530's yesterday to replace my X230's, now i plugged everything in but i only had sound from 2 front speakers, so i went into control panel and ive got something in there called "multi channel sound manager" now i changed this to "6/5.1speaker mode" and everything now works fine.

So does it sound like my motherboard has 6 channel sound built in? i guess it does otherwise my 5.1 speakers wouldnt work would they?

Im just trying to decipher what type of sound my mobo has built in basically.

Heres a pic of my configuration thing in control panel
Screenshot-08_01_200714_56_21.jpg

That wasnt my question, is this 5.1 lol i know its 5.1

What iam asking is, does that mean my motherboard has 5 channel sound?

Use Everest to find out your motherboard manufacturer/model, and then Google your motherboard to find the info.

jonny_uk said:
That wasnt my question, is this 5.1 lol i know its 5.1

What iam asking is, does that mean my motherboard has 5 channel sound?

but it is your question. he's telling you the right answer.

Ok thanks guys.

Im just wondering what to do about my speakers, you might have seen my other post about the logitech x530's(5.1) basically every now and agian they will hiss and randomly play a song or radio/the news etc, just really annoying me now, but the speakers work great otherwise.
Now ive just got the AC'97 onboard sound, would getting a decent soundcard make all the interference go away?

That is the first time that I've heard that a sound card is better than onboard sound.

For just using 2.1CH speakers, onboard is okay, right? Is it worth buying a card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom