Omg, Yes! Asio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
For anyone who doesn't have a low-latency sound card, and wants one, but doesn't have the cash...

www.asio4all.com

This will eliminate ALL your latency troubles. It's basically ASIO emulation.

It is a godsend for me. And it actually works! I have virtually no latency at all, it's amazing, and my sound card was worthless to me, I was gonna go buy a 150 buck PCMCIA Audigy card...

EDIT: As a note to those who download, there is a virus warning, but the program DOESN'T contain any actual viruses. Just letting you know

WorldIndustries said:
For anyone who doesn't have a low-latency sound card, and wants one, but doesn't have the cash...
Sound cards that support ASIO don't have to be expensive. Pick up an M-Audio Revo 5.1 on ebay for ~$40, for example.

Also, as an alternative to asio you can also use kernel streaming, which I think all sound cards should support.

EDIT:
Just curious, what you are wanting low-latency operation for?

ASIO is is super-low latency audio input/output... It's basically only use is for real-time effect processing (IE; using it as a guitar preamp, without ASIO, there would be a near half-second delay), and sound recording applications.

Only higher-end sound cards support ASIO, but there are ways to make ASIO work on sound cards that don't support it, such as the program I posted above.

The X-fi does support ASIO. It can also be used for audio playback if you are critical about the sound, as it bypasses the Kmixer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom