Odd iTouch Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this problem awhile back, with my Itouch. Every time I connect my ipod to my Computer i have to set all of the EQ settings back. Strange.

Shouldnt be a need for a screenshot. I just have all of my settings at the same level. usually around 0. All 0s is default i think? But as long as they are all at the same place it should sound fine but your problem may differ from mine.

I put it all 0 and unchecked EQ settings, then resetting it.

Still nothing... aghh oh well.

I think I'll just stick with my Creative Zen, and just use the iTouch with the FM Transmitter, so it just plays through my Mazda3's audio system.

I'm sorry, but this is absolutely impossible. Lyrics, without a band compressor/limiter, cannot be removed from a stereo mix. without resulting in horrible quality. I highly doubt you have your ipod chained through a limiter, so thats the end of that.

As far as EQ, EQ only boosts or cuts frequencies in a mix... it does not affect the mix. Furthermore, the iPod has NO capability to adjust a mix anyway. This has to be from the source file or hardware issue.

The only thing I can think of is that a contact is crossed causing phase problems. The only thing (usually) perfectly stereo in a mix is vocals, and if phase is flipped 180 degrees, then the vocals will cancel out and be very hard to hear.

It's a contact problem (hardware) within the ipod, or the headphones are wack.

Thanks for the post!

I'm guessing it is a hardware related thing then, because I've knocked every other variable out then.

Vern have you got the wiggle jack issue? some of the 1st gens had a problem with there audio jacks, it's not exactly a easy fix but it can be done.

I think that's exactly the problem Saxon.

My friend just now mentioned he dropped in on the school's ground and it landed in that area.... I think I'll buy the replacement headphone jack

EDIT: I fixed it.. I need to push my headphones past where it'd be secure enough.. (like all the way in)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom