Not recognising?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastshot

In Runtime
I recently had a problem with spyware/adware and I got that all cleaned up. HOwever, something strange did happen. I think one of my drivers is messed up, however i am not sure which driver I used before. When i went to inspect the problem, i found opne of the drivers was in fact missing. So I began to install it when I got this warning message. It even tried to install itself earlier, but i didn't take notice. If i do install this driver, will it mess up my comp? I am using bose speakers, and I know they are not blown, because I can hook them up to my ipod and they play. What should i do?

Attachments

• error message.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 54
Hello,

What are your system specifications?

Most importantly, what onboard audio / soundcard do you have?

srry it too so long to respond, had work today... Anyways, My computer is a Sony vaio (desktop) Model # pcv-rx753. ( 512 ram and p4 processor at 2ghz.)
I am using onboard sound, which has been working really nicely for the past 5 years( not sure where i can find the brand of the onboard sound, but i went under hardware for audio, and this is what i found. SIS 7012 AD AND LEGACY AD'S ( there is a "chip" on the motherboard that says SIS, would that be the onboard audio?). The problem is that I never looked at the previous driver that it used for these speakers.

I'll get a hold of my friend to see if I can borrow his speakers( to see if it could be a port problem) but I do not believe this is the problem. What I would really like to know is if I should install that driver? anybody else use that?

Hello,

If your bose speakers work when connected to another audio device, then it's your soundcard. You don't need to test your soundcard with another set of speakers.

The audio drivers for SIS 7012 can be obtained here:

http://driver.sis.com/audio/7012/a12112d.zip

...Download the zip file, then extract the contents to a folder. Run setup.exe to install the audio driver.

I already have that installed, but i reinstalled that(using the file u sent me to) and the same thing happend. I get this message saying that the driver is not signed by windows XP, but i ignored it and still installed that....nothing happend. Could this be because when these speakers were made, there was no such thing as windows xp? So should i just try to install the kernal audio mixer? or what?( btw, i am looking for a disc that might have came with the speakers, and i will run a search on google about that driver)

It seems as if this could be a long long time before I get my sound back. Theres lots of people having the same problem I am having in other forums, and most of themhavn't found any sort of solutions( the others were lucky, but none of it worked for me)

Hello,

Speakers work using analogue signals. There no restrictions when it comes to compatiblity, apart from the fact that you need a device capable of outputting audio through a stereo phono port.

Yes, try installing the driver for the windows kernel audio mixer.

If that fails, try booting up using last known configuration. Power up the PC, and just before the XP loading splash screen, hit F8, then select to boot using Last Known Configuration.

If that doesn't work then you could try undoing what your spyware/adware scanner has done. What spyware/adware scanner did you use?

Lavasoft Adaware and Spybot both have recovery features where you can undo the changes which they have made to the system up to a specific point.

Lastly, you could try going back to a restore point using Windows XP's system restore feature.

I installed it, and it dissapeard from my hardware drivers list...this is wierd. However it did install sucessfully
I am going to restart comp and see if it worked now

ok, it did something. INstead of having no options( was all grey before) under the VOLUME tab in the audio devices, now i can controll the volume, and the driver is present. However I still have no sound. All of the drivers are working too( or so they say, lol)

i just heard a sound, it was brief, but i heard it...i'm going to look at the setting again

also, the computer just did a series of beeps, it went b b b b b b b, in that order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom