Noob question about having 2 subwoofers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMortar

In Runtime
Ok, I don't beleive this is possible, and i didnt bother to think about it, but here it goes:

Ok, a while ago I replaced a 4.1 set up with my current 5.1 set-up. And of course the 4.1 had an okay sub-woofer with it. Well I wanted to know if it is possible to have 5.2 by connecting the other sub with my sub on my Logitech 5.1 x-530. So I could have 2 lesser subs than you theater doods, but i want 2, so it this possible?

ty, sorry for stupid question, but i know you can have more than one sub, but i dunno about my case lol.

You can use a splitter and have 2 subs, but it will still be 5.1 channels. In order to have 5.2 you would need a soundcard that supports it, but none do (as far as I know).

what kind of splitter are we going to use?

and also, if 5.2 is not supported, cant i still get more bass from it? wont it work at all. sure games and things will recognize 5.1 channel, and render 5.1, but it should still work??

I think he'd have said something if he thought it wouldnt work at all!!

I think it will work, just not quite as good as it would sound if the soundcard supported 5.2, dont quote me on that though!

It won't be two separate channels, it will be one channel, going through two sub-woofers, for more volume.

theres no need for a 5.2 soundcard i dont see why it would sound worse just get a y-splitter from radio shack for like 5 bucks and split the green wire(front 2 speakers) with the second sub and itll sound just as good.

im doing the same thing right now i have two 4.1 setups hooked together by 2 y splitters so 8 speakers with 2 subwoofers and it sounds just as good.

if you want but make sure theyre in the same general place as your first one

like front left speaker is somewhere close to the front left speaker

youre just doubling the sound its not gonna sound crappy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom