No sound after installing XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcent36

Solid State Member
I installed XP x64 and installed the drivers that came with my mobo. When I installed the Realtek AC'97 drivers and shut down the computer I heard the shutdown music in my headphones.

It rebooted and I continued installing my other drivers and have not had sound since.

Mobo is an ABIT AN8-SLI with the onboard Audiomax sound card.

And yes, I have installed the updated drivers and all devices are working properly.

Go into the control panel and open your audio/multimedia icon (Speaker). Is your audio device listed there? You see your sound device listed in the drop down menu under audio tab. If it is there and it's onboard sound the you can try to unistall the drivers and reinstall. If not, go into the Bios and find the on board audio device and ENABLE it and reboot.

I got it working. When I had a mic plugged in, the sound wouldn't work. I used different headphones that didn't have a mic on them and I heard sound. Now I will have to play around and get the front mic port working.

Are you saying you had the Mic plugged into the audio? Or the mic plugged in the right sopt with the audio in the right spot and it didn't produce sound? Doesn't make any sense why the mic input would disable your sound playback. VERY STRANGE!!!!

They were plugged in correctly. When I removed the mic from its port, the audio began working. When I plugged it back in the audio stopped working. It took me a while to figure it out that that was the cause of my audio problems, cuz it is so strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom