No Sound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara_fm

Solid State Member
My hard disk was getting way too full so I decided to uninstall programs that I didn't need any more... turns out I may have uninstalled something I wasn't supposed to because now I have no sound. I ran dxdiag and under "Sound" all the catagories (Name, Device ID, etc.) are empty and under "Notes" it says:

"No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer."

Do you know what happened and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

go to device manager and check the sound devices there. If there isnt any sound devices installed, run the add hardware wizard, it should do a search for any non plug and play compatible hardware. should find the sound card and prompt you to install the drivers for it.

But I don't have the drivers, I don't think :s

Would it be in a CD that came with the computer/card?

Cause I can't find any.

I can't remember getting a CD and can't find any. I don't the name of the sound card manufacterer. I tried opening my computer to see if it would say the name but didn't find anything (but then again, I don't know what I was looking for). And I don't my motherboard name either :s

Any ideas?

I got Everest Home Edition and went to "Multimedia"

Under "Windows Audio" there was nothing (the thing on the right just went grey). With "PCI/PnP Audio", it says "SiS 7012 Audio Device".

Also, my motherboard name is ASRock P4S61.

Thank you very, very much for helping and thanks Eric B., that's a good program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom