no MIDI!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyh0316

Beta member
This seems to be a complicated problem for me. I have a windows XP with audigy 2 ZS installed, i can play everything fine except for youtube, which gives me no sound. I figured this might be the absence of MIDI port or watever and not the flashplayer. Indeed when i go to "Sound and Audio Device", the MIDI playback is blank, i have few options in the box but which ever one i choose, then i click okay, and i go back, the box is blank again (as if i never selected the playback device). Someone please help. ANd the exact problem occurs with recording device.

My Specs (probably wont need)

- WinXP
- Intel prescott pentium 3.2ghz 1mb cache
- 512mb ram DDR
- Audigy 2 ZS
- 9600xt 256mb
- M800pro mobo

Hello,

Musical Instrumental Digital Interface is to do with sythesizers producing musical notes and events digitally. It's not used when playing back audio from wave sources.

What browser are you using to watch youtube videos, and also, can you see the video play?

Make sure that in the youtube flash player, the sound is unmuted and that the volume is up:

ytsb0.jpg

If you're sure you've done all that, I'd try re-installing the flash player / flash plugin. Also, ensure that 'Wave' in your volume control is up.

MIDI is not sound... MIDI is DATA only. It is coded commands for a MIDI instrument to play back. MIDI itself is no sound whatsoever... only information.

yea, MIDI is just a means of communication amoung instruments [electrical instruments... keyboards, drum machines, samplers...] that allows them to work together for some creative options. it's how the machines "talk" with eachother. for instance, i use an MC-303 to sequence the samples on my SP-404. The 404 doesn't have a sequencer [well, an inferior one] so i connect them via MIDI and now i'm using the samples from my 404 in the sequence of my 303. Hope that makes sense.

If all your volume settings are up, just try and reinstall the player, as Alvin suggested. I don't know what else it could be. Did it work out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom