New speakers aren't working with applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt that the Digital input or output? Have you checked to make sure you have the signal set to analog and not digital? That could explain why you get no sound as i thin the sp/dif is the digital source....I think.

I think its set to analog? Wow... I thought i was pretty good with computers... but I know nothing about sound! But I don't think it would matter if it were analog or digital if i do get sound when that sound is windows.

But you would get all the Windows sounds. Not just the logon and logoff sounds. You would get the new mail sound and all that. So something has to be wrong somewhere.

Are you sure the speakers work? I know dumb question but i am running out of ideas.

Not all of the windows sounds... actually... i guess just the logon and logoff... which only comes out of the center speaker but if i test the speakers through my audio program that came installed with the drivers... the two back speakers only work.???? Its weird... I did some research on my other options... i've decided to get a toslink cable... learnt all about them!!

Toslink. Also known as a Optical Cable for transfer of digital signal. I use that on my DVD player for my DTS and DD sound transfer. That should most definately help.

Hopefully that will help you out.

plug your speakers inputs in the right terminals. the front speakers is usually the green one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom