New problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKSF1

Solid State Member
So i just got a hand-me-down 50" rear projection HDTV that has HDMI in and my computer has HDMI out (ATI Radeon HD 4350) but it does not detect the TV when they are both connected via hdmi cable. tried fiddling around in windows display options and in catalyst control center but nothing. Also went through every input on the tv and trying to detect manually while going through them. the manual does say that the hdmi is not for personal computers but how would they do that?

Please help

The TV would know simply cause your PC is putting out a digital Signal. The TV is detecting that it is a PC and not a qualified device that can connect and doesnt allow the connection. Everything that is done now a days is encoded in such a way that other sources can tell what it is. That is why things like my TV knows that i turned on my BluRay Player and not my Cable Box. If the TV doesnt allow for PC's to connect via HDMI, there is nothing you can do. You will have to find another way to connect.

Ya I dunno what happend but I turned on the tv to watch a dvd which is connected via RCA and the hdmi port the cable was plugged into over-rided the rca one and my desktop was being displayed...weird:omg:, so ya it works now, thanks for everyones help i'll be sure to come back here for tech help :big_grin:

Like Mak213 said, you'll sadly need to find another way of connecting it.

It's the b*tch of not being backwards compatible!!

well, now im just wondering about getting the right resolution on there, it seems no matter what i do the desktop never quite fits right into the tv screen. I've fiddled around in CCC and in the windows appearence settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom