New Headphones/Microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you havnt already purchased a headset, id recommend the sennheiser HD-555's, simply because there amazing and once you break them in and get thr size right for your head, your not gonna look back and question why you bought them, the sound quality is amazing even with onboard sound for me and there is some nice bass too, i can wear the headset all day and not be in any pain at all, the only two things id say are bad about these are there is no microphone and they make your ears sweat sometimes when its hot, but that isnt a huge problem, i dont mind it.

EDIT : sorry i didnt see how old this thread was :x

Thanks Lukas, i recieved them today and so far im pretty happy.

Really comfy, look great and smell rather nice (i guess thats just an added bonus)

Trouble is, (although im not sure if its supposed to happen - i assume not) i am getting a wierd sort of quiet wierd sound when im playing music quietly. Not sure how to explain it really, but its quite distracting when music gets quiet or something.

Any explainatons for this?

Also what difference would i expect if i got a new sound card, and are there any ok ones out there for good money, just for music and a bit of gaming.

EDIT: Almost sounds like a light breeze? lol?

Sounds like background noise. It's probably your source, what are they plugged in to ?

a new soundcard will definitely improve the quality, they need burning in for a while remember to sound there best and improve all the frequencies. If you find some bass heavy music or pink noise set up a tracklist on windows media player with a 2 minute silence every 1hour, then put it on loop and play it for 24 hours or so. They should sound better after that, they sound at their prime after around 50 hours.

Tried plugging it into the front panel on my PC but it didnt seem to fit right which didnt seem right to me. I unplugged my speakers and stuck the thing in the back where they used to be and its fits fine, just getting that wierd noise.

I will do try and burn them in soon :)

Try through an MP3 player and see if it still occurs. It might just be a headphone with high amounts of ground level noise, but it still seems odd. Just try burning them in, you might find it goes away.

a bit low. Most of the Creative X-Fi soundchips are much better. such as the ExtremeMusic and ExtremeGamer.

unfortunately the nature of PC's means audiocards receive lot of interference unless it is properly shielded. Better soundcards have better shielding against electro magentic interference. But the audible background hiss could also come from outside your PC, maybe a mains electricity cable.

Whilst a good sound card should solve/improve your problem, i cannot promise anything.

Hmm, its really a problem on Skype as its constantly there. Also for some reason when i am on Live For Speed theres a buzzing sound all the time, but goes away when i minimize and comes back when i maximize it. :S

Any other suggestions? Ive got it plugged it into the front panel and the problem is still there so i really dont know what to do :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom