New favourite MP3 player !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
After hearing nothing but rave reviews for the Sony Sony S6** and A8** series Walkman player, had to try one. And wow, there superb !

I'll start with ease of use - this could be quick. Plug it in to any PC running Windows XP/Vista, go to my computer, click on "Walkman" And drag and drop your music/videos/pictures. Done.

It's a very pretty little Mp3 player, too. Extremely thin, light (but not to a degree of cheepness), nice curves and feels very solid and strong ;)

The screen is also exceptional for such a player, i find it very bright and sharp - video's are perfectly watchable (with my young good eyes, atleast) It's perfectly compatible with BBC's iPlayer,it's under there small confirmed list of supported devices. For any who don't know BBC is one of 5 major british TV channels, they upload all TV programs in the last 7 days onto there website where you can watch and download them at your own freewill.

There are loads of settings, 5 preset equalizer settings, a customer equalizer that genuinely makes a difference (many don't on mp3 players) And many many other settings, for example the screen brightness has a proper screen test with colour blocks and grey and black blocks for correct adjustment :eek:

Battery life, after a 3hour and 30minute charge via USB has lasted me 39hours of generally listening to music at 2/3rds volume, watching Top Gear and more, on 3/4 screen brightness - exceptionall.

And of course, most importantly. It sounds really really good, very good bass and power for a small device. The specs say 5mw output per channel, i can assure you it's wildy under spec'd, ive herd a Cowon player with 37mw output and it was only very slightly louder, it drives some borrowed HD650's i have (300ohm beasts !) to very adequate listening levels, impressed although it does lack the power that you get from an external Headphone Amp, but that's to be expected. The bass is very good, even with the bass technology turned off - when it is on it sounds very good too, not flat, but not tubby - just punchier. the whole range of sound is just so impressive, i get a marginally better sound out of the headphones output on my parents £1200 Rotel amp/cd player setup.

I got the cheeper version NWZ-S638 (£75), i really advise you to get one if you want a new mp3 player.

heh :p

I always loved Sony... must be their design style?
but I have a thing for Sony (and Jessica Alba) like how some people have a thing for Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom