new car speakers and stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I dont want lows in my small speakers, but 6x9 speakers were made to give cars more bass without adding a sub. Of course a sub will give you better bass, but with 6x9 speakers it gives you some bass without having to buy a sub and amp. If you set your crossovers or put bass blockers in you wont have distortion at higher levels. If I amp my speakers and sub, that means I will have to buy an amp for my speakers, and then when i get subs I will have to get an amp for them too, and a cap.

Well I installed one of the 4x6 kappa speakers in the driver door and put a bassblocker on it, and it sounds great. This weekend I can put the other speaker and bassblocker on and it will sound even better, it will just be a matter of tweaking. The door infact was easy to get off, 4 screws and about 8 plugs to take off. Rockford subs are quite expensive even tho they are great, but I think I might go with 2 audiobahn 12" subs that are at 550watt rms and then get an 800watt mono amp to hook them up to.

If the two combined are rated at 550watt RMS then that will be good with the amp. But if they each take 550w RMS then you'd only be sending 400 to each. Just making sure.

Yes, I know. I want to pump 400 watts each because I want to stay under the RMS by a reasonable amount. Amps say for instance they are pushing 1000watts but amps will push a little more than what they say, usually not less.

If you are getting a mono amp, make sure that you wire them correctly (S/SP/P) so that the proper load is going to the amp. You could cause some serious damage if you don't.

Thanks Crysalis. Well tonight I finished installation for what I have bought so far. As after tonight, my setup is a pioneer p5000ub cd player, rockford fosgate 6x9 4-way speakers in the back and infinity kappa 462.9cfp 4x6 plate speakers with 600hz bass blockers on the kappa's. It sounds beatiful with decent bass from the 6x9's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom