new car speakers and stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesspren6

In Runtime
Im putting in my new system this week. I have rockford fosgate PUNCH P1694 4-way 6x9 speakers in the back, and im putting in 4x6 infinity kappa 462.9cfp plate speakers. For the cd player im installing a pioneer p5000ub cd player. What do you guys think of this set? Im thinking later on of putting in 2 rockford subs or 2 infinity subs with a 1000 watt amp.

So this is your new PC audio setup?

Sarcastic question, I couldn't resist. Wrong forum for this question though seeing how it's a "computer audio" forum and all.

car audio question are accepted here. jesspren6 just make sure that you have enough power going into the system. you might want to get a cap

Won't need a cap until i put in an amp for the subs. No need for a cap on the speakers.

It is Computer Audio AND Multimedia. That is why this is here.

I have infinity kappas in my car... 5.25's and 6x9's. You'll love them if you tweak them and cross them over properly.

Depending on the car, I also say you'll need a cap when you get the subs amp'd

Make sure you're running an amp to those speakers too. Running anything straight off the head unit is not ideal at louder volumes.

actually, the only thing that will need an amp is the subs. Running the speakers off the head unit is fine because if you amp them, i will probably get the speakers too high and not enough lows. BTW, does anyone have directions on how I replace the speakers on my front doors of a 95 bonneville se, cause I hope i dont have to remove the whole door panel.

actually, the only thing that will need an amp is the subs. Running the speakers off the head unit is fine because if you amp them, i will probably get the speakers too high and not enough lows. BTW, does anyone have directions on how I replace the speakers on my front doors of a 95 bonneville se, cause I hope i dont have to remove the whole door panel.

never ever run the speakers off of the deck. you will severely distort them. you will have to remove the door panels. it's no big deal

Those speakers are rated for 75W RMS and you are maybe sending 15W with the head unit. You are much more likely to ruin your speakers by not giving them clean power. And about the highs and lows, what do you mean? You dont ever want your speakers trying to put out lows. The subs are for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom