New Audio Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
Ok so at the moment I have some shit Creative 16 - bit card that I found lying around at home, so I though hey I'll just stick this in my comp instead of using the onboard one which sucks even more. But now I want to upgrade.

Has anyone got any suggestions on to what card I can buy?
Yes I have a budget lol, it's probably between $100 - $175 AUS (maybe $200, depending on the card)

Also looking at new speakers but unsure yet, I am running 2.1 Altec Lansing, but I'm unsure of the make or model number.

- Michael -

For your budget (which is good for a sound card), theres only one way to go (although another person will say otherwise... DJ-Chris..hehe)

Creative Audigy 2 ZS. Awesome card... thats it. I got mine for $130, but i think they are cheaper than that now.

Is that $130 U.S or AUD? Cause $130 is pretty good for that kind of sound card... If so where did you get it from?
I mostly buy all my stuff from www.atcomputer.com.au which is a little shop I know close to the city in Burwood.

- Michael -

The Creative Sound Blaster Live 24-Bit is just fine for budgeted sound quality needs. It is around $30 new.

Crysalis said:
For your budget (which is good for a sound card), theres only one way to go (although another person will say otherwise... DJ-Chris..hehe)

Creative Audigy 2 ZS. Awesome card... thats it. I got mine for $130, but i think they are cheaper than that now.

Turtle beach :mad:

Soundblaster :eek: :shocked: :grind: :freak: :laughing:

Well, do take a look at them both. Soundblaster are far more popular and more compatable (your probolly using XP, so no worry's). Turtle beach sound better and are cheaper, lack alot of the software extra's though.

Yeah at the moment I'm running some crap 16-bit one, will i notice a HUGE difference in the sound quality or anything if I upgrade to the Soundblaster Live? Or even Audigy 2 ZS?
Like what will be noticable?

- Michael -

Syphanx said:
Yeah at the moment I'm running some crap 16-bit one, will i notice a HUGE difference in the sound quality or anything if I upgrade to the Soundblaster Live? Or even Audigy 2 ZS?
Like what will be noticable?

- Michael -

16 bit isn't crap (if it is true 16 bit, which the soundblaster cards are). it is the standard of most audio equipment.
24 bit is an improvement, though most people can't tell the difference. you will probably notice the difference of pre amp output voltage though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom