Needs help with ethernet sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanr464

Beta member
Ok so i have a sound system at a school auditorum and is attached to speakers surrounding the auditorum...let me get to the point the sound system has jacks a microphone jack a line jack(for old microphones) and a jack from a computer with is a ethernet hub. I have seen it before where a computer is plug into that ethernet and sound is being transported from the computer to the ethernet cable witch is playing through the sound system.....the tech guy that waz there left and soon i have to play a dvd presentation and i want to lnow how can i transport sound from the computer to an ethernet jack to be played from the sound system.. is there a program or something a driver... please i need your help also not for presentation but for future events using a computer

I have honestly never heard of such a thing. I'm about 80% sure that the ethernet jack you are looking at is for the person presenting to use a network/internet/powerpoint connection while doing their presentation, not sound.

There are such things as digital snakes with a single ethernet line, but then there are large breakout boxes on either end.

What you CAN do, since line jacks (1/4") are NOT for old microphones... they are for LINE connections (OMG... IMAGINE THAT!!), is to use some adapters and plug in there, or use a direct-box (DI) and use the microphone jack (XLR).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom