Need some decent speakers for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
some HiFi speakers are active arn't they?

I've heard that monitors can produce an unpleasant sound for listening due to them producing the music perfectly, which is not great for the music enhusiast.

here's the thing. most people (especially americans) don't have an ear of music. this is especial true for music lovers since 2000 when the economy took a hit so they (speaker maker) start resulting to tricking and brainwashing you guys (it called marketing).

around the same time the music industry went to hello without the o. these days music is about screaming more than anything else (rap and rock).

most people think that boosting the bass and treble makes music sound better when in reality, it really tries to overcome wimpy speakers and it will lead to ear fatigue (you like listen to it for awhile but then you will get tired of listening to it fairy quickly).

so if any of the above apply to you, you don't need studio monitors because you can't tell the difference between shi_t and music.

but if you are a person that likes accurate, flat, neutral and detailed music (like a lot of Europeans and Canadians and few Americans), you will love studio monitors. you can listen to them forever

Energy played at high end in home audio. I personally don't trust them. they use 1/2 mdf in some 800-900 speakers once

hifi speaker really mean high fidelity speakers which mean accurate speakers. these day, they obviously have a different meaning

ok.

I am not one of those dumb@ss's who think that boosting you bass however possible is the best way to get good music. Most people my age think iPod headphones, and bass boost are the best things since sliced bread.

not me. Although I don't claim to have golden ears, I do appreiate high quality audio. However, as an example my senhisers have a slightly rounded bass, now this isn't a bad thing (according to cysalis) they just should be used in a studio, right?

however my point is, if I am going to listen to music, do I NEED 100% flatness especially if I like my music slightly warm, as produced by senhiser?

or would I be better off with going with your moniters as they produce excelent sound anyway?

Them speakers you posted, Aego M will be good, Acoustic Energy don't make bad speakers, try and find a bad review, seriously, go ahead. They won't however be flat, or sound as good as some of there better stereo setups.

If you feel your HiFi (not monitor) setup needs a Sub (unless you're using bookshelfs), then you're either a bass junky, generally (generally :D) or you're hifi speakers suck.

No Hi-Fi speakers that i know of are active (powered) except subwoofers obviously. Monitor speakers will deliver the sound as it was intended to be delivered, if its a bass heavy song you will indeed be delivered a bass heavy sound. And if its not - it won't be. Understand ? ;)

I will make one exception, there are one or two makes that do make good subwoofers that will still keep your bass end of music taught and incontroll with out being overpowered. Like REL, for example.

Thanks.

Them speakers you posted, Aego M will be good, Acoustic Energy don't make bad speakers, try and find a bad review, seriously, go ahead. They won't however be flat, or sound as good as some of there better stereo setups.

If you feel your HiFi (not monitor) setup needs a Sub (unless you're using bookshelfs), then you're either a bass junky, generally (generally :D) or you're hifi speakers suck.

No Hi-Fi speakers that i know of are active (powered) except subwoofers obviously. Monitor speakers will deliver the sound as it was intended to be delivered, if its a bass heavy song you will indeed be delivered a bass heavy sound. And if its not - it won't be. Understand ? ;)

I will make one exception, there are one or two makes that do make good subwoofers that will still keep your bass end of music taught and incontroll with out being overpowered. Like REL, for example.

Thanks.

kman, you're young. you know little about life because you're young. you like to come on here and try to discredit us, when we got year of experience. I can remember you sending me pm's asking about audio. then we say something like you don't know anything about audio, we look bad.

explain to me how those little tiny boxes (Satalites) can produce accurate sound. explain how that mid box (suppose to be sub) produces accurate sound. those people who gave those review have as much knowledge as you when it comes to audio which isn't much.

I'll tell proton that you said they were not hifi since they have some amplified speakers

tim. my advice to you is to buy a pair and audition them. if you don't like them, take them back. make sure you place them properly (on a 3 foot stand for instance)

I know them tiny little boxes are 'satellites'
On the grand scale of things they won't be good, no, you're right.
They will suck comepared to any monitors or floorstanders, like i said 'they will not sound as good as there stereo setups, however'
But, for his budget and in comparison to PC speakers there are far beond it.
Instead of simply saying 'are these good' ask you're self, are they good for what they are and compared to other products ina similar price range.

O...look, 9/10 > Acoustic Energy Aego M Speakers - TrustedReviews
'' For both value and sound quality the Acoustic Energy Aego M System is almost beyond reproach" What HiFi January 2006''
They won 2006 what hi-fi awards for best Pc speakers under £150

Comeon, i said 'That *I* know of' --- i DID NOT say they don't do active hi-fi speakers.

No offence, but you need to come out of you're perfect audio world sometimes and just say 'hey ! for £100 thats a cracking sound system' Ignore them $10,000 electrostatic systems, ignore all these speakers with a frequency responce from 2 to 100,000hz and are accurate as +1/-1 DB Tolerences, and just think as someone that hasn't herd anything like that before - will they sound good. Stop confusing accurate,true sound, with the sound that many,many people like - Which are what Hi-Fi/Med-Fi/Low-Fi speakers are for, whatever terminology you use.

I know them tiny little boxes are 'satellites'
On the grand scale of things they won't be good, no, you're right.
They will suck comepared to any monitors or floorstanders, like i said 'they will not sound as good as there stereo setups, however'
But, for his budget and in comparison to PC speakers there are far beond it.
Instead of simply saying 'are these good' ask you're self, are they good for what they are and compared to other products ina similar price range.

O...look, 9/10 > Acoustic Energy Aego M Speakers - TrustedReviews
'' For both value and sound quality the Acoustic Energy Aego M System is almost beyond reproach" What HiFi January 2006''
They won 2006 what hi-fi awards for best Pc speakers under £150

Comeon, i said 'That *I* know of' --- i DID NOT say they don't do active hi-fi speakers.

No offence, but you need to come out of you're perfect audio world sometimes and just say 'hey ! for £100 thats a cracking sound system' Ignore them $10,000 electrostatic systems, ignore all these speakers with a frequency responce from 2 to 100,000hz and are accurate as +1/-1 DB Tolerences, and just think as someone that hasn't herd anything like that before - will they sound good. Stop confusing accurate,true sound, with the sound that many,many people like - Which are what Hi-Fi/Med-Fi/Low-Fi speakers are for, whatever terminology you use.

could i use eric's moniters without an amp?

i tried some aego 2's and the treble seemed a bit harsh :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom