need software for AUDIO DEVICE ON HD AUDIO BUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rivrbyte

Baseband Member
Hi,
I'm trying to figure this out with the onboard Realtek HD audio sound, before I give up and go buy a new sound card. Here we go.....

MSI P35 Platinum P4 MoBo, Intel Core2Q6600, 3.3DDR2 PC6400, WinXP Pro SP2, Nvidia GeForce 8600GT PCI-E, Western Digital Raptor74GB HDD, Raptor74GB for OS and Apps and a troubled 500GB Western Digital Caviar, which I will send to RMA for replacement. That's out of this equation for now.

I have NO SOUND :( after I reformatted the HDD and reinstalled WinXP PRO.

When I start windows, a "NEW HARDWARE FOUND" window pops open, asking me to find software for this "AUDIO DEVICE ON HD AUDIO BUS". I went to Microsoft and looked around but the only thing I could download was a .DOC about this device. Thinking this was a windows-based device, I inserted the WinXP when it prompted me to find the source for this device, but nothing happened from the CD.

I ran the utility for chipset and drivers with the MSI UPDATE and updated the INTEL INF, REALTEK NETWORK ETHERNET DRIVER,THE REALTEK AC'97 DRIVERS, ( which I was told by Realtek not to install it, so I removed it) since the HD Audio plug from the MSI wire harness was plugged into the JAUDIO on the Motherboard anyway. The other strand of wires on this same bundle was the AZILLA.

This audio harness came with my MSI board, and there were three possible sound bundles to use, one was the AC'97 plugs, the HD AUDIO plugs, which were connected to the JAUDIO , then they had 9 loose small colored wires with the AZILLA name on the harness. I removed the HD Audio, plugged inn the AC'97, into the JAUDIO, but still no sound. I re-inserted the HD AUDIO, which was my original config when a friend (that's right, I have one) and I built this barebones puter two years ago.

Some say from other websites to install SP3, but like I just said, this sound has been working excellent with the SP2 these past two years. Then some mentioned streamlining...if this has anything to do with over clocking, I'll pass.

I'll go back to MSI manufacturer and try to find the software for my AUDIO DEVICE ON HD AUDIO BUS?

I'm beginning to think this onboard REALTEK sound is crap. I do have an old SoundBlaster live 5.1 PCI sound card I'm thinking of installing just for the sake of having some sound. They have decent newer sound blaster cards for less than $50.00 at FRYS. This PCI SBLIVE 5.1 card I pulled out of storage, I noticed two plugs from the card, one is the CDSPDIF with two females, and the other is CD-IN with four females...Where do they go on the MoBo?...because now I have a CD-out from CDROM to the JCD3 on the MoBo, would the CD plug from the sound card go into the back of DVD-ROM?
I have one PCI-Ex16, (My Geforce8600GT is in here)
Two PCI-Ex1,and one
PCI-E Lite.
Do they make sound cards for either the Pci-E x1, or Pci-E LITE? AND more importantly, are PCI, or PCI-Express sound cards better than onboard sound? At present, I only have the two desktop Altec Lansing for stereo, but I do listen to a lot of music and eventually add a 5.1, or a 6.1 down the line.

Thank you for any help! Have a very nice day!

Are you talking about the plugs that go from the front headphone Jack on your chassis? When windows ask to search for drivers, let it search the net. If you use a soundcard just install it and run the drivers. Onboard sucks anyways so just get a cheap creative x-fi.

Thanks Thirdshiftdj!
This is what I did to solve this. I use the stereo 2-ch anyway, so it sound fine.
RESOLVED

MSI P35 Platinum / WinXP PRO 32 SP2/ Intel Quad 6600 Core2/ PC6400- 3.3GBDDR / NVidia GeForce 8600GT PCI-E /REALTEK HD AUDIO onboard sound.

If anyone has suffered what I have in the last week or so of not having any sound after a WinXP reformat, and trying several types of fixes....try this, it worked for me.

Quote:
Start Windows XP in safe mode (slam F8 a bunch while the computer is starting up, until you see a menu)
Open Hardware Manager, and find this: "Microsoft UAA bus driver"

Delete it, and any other audio devices, including the one you're trying to install (Not the codecs) and restart, back into another safe mode. Run the setup.exe again, and tell me what happens.

Edit: If the "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver" doesn't want to uninstall, right click it, and disable it, restart into another safe mode, and then try to delete it.
Here is the setup.exe file (WDM_R240.exe) (v.2.89) (79.9mb) WinXP 32/64 (there are other O.S.'s there)

Realtek
Go to Realtek - DOWNLOADS> COMPUTER PERIPHERAL ICs> High Definition Audio Codecs (Software)

They also have the AC'97 Codecs (software too, but I never used that for this fix)

Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom