Need to replace Audacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

wycherley

Baseband Member
Can anyone suggest a program to replace audacity, ive installed it on Vista and had nothing but problems with it. Any idea's, thanks.

Nik

I wont comment....

I have gotten audacity to work for me. I dont know what your issue could be. Maybe Fruity Loops might work for you?

Adobe Audition.

You can buy *cough* torrent *cough* it easily enough.

It used to be known as cool edit pro until adobe bought it out.

trust me on this mak. my best customers are rappers, dj's and music producers (they aren't cheap and want free stuff like everybody else). not one sound editing software works right with vista. some things might work, but not most

they can get somethings to install, but nothing will work all the way right. you might use audacity to record tape or records, but somebody else might use it to record live sound with no latency or they might try to extract a center channel matrix from 2.0 sound.

these are a no go in vista. for one vista won't use hardware acceleration. you can't get 0 latency with just software

sound editors need every resource available. vista uses half the resource doing nothing. there's a guide floating around for how to optimize sound editing from xp. you can't do this with vista

MusicXP.net > Home

they made a protools for vista. it doesn't work right. they made a serato for vista. it don't work right. this is where dj make their money. they dont haul 10,000 records to the club anymore. they bring their laptop and a serato box.
nothing is worse than a computer crash in the middle of ladies night. this happens with vista but not xp.

I wipe over 50 sound people's machine from vista to xp. MS has known that vista don't work for sound editing, yet they just don't care. their solution? go back to xp

I never said Vista was the tops for Sound editing nor did i say that yoru arguement was invalid. Was i said no comment to was the whole Vista + ____ = Dont work therefor Vista = dont work. Which you know as well as i do that is absolute bull.

Yes it isnt the best for your purposes as a sound engineer. But for others like myself and several others this site that use it daily it is just fine. So to say it doesnt work and agree to that is absolute rubbish as that is not true at all. It does work. Maybe not for the purpose that some people need it but for others it works just fine. My wife loves Vista for her email, internet, music listening and photo manipulation.

Plus you say that M$ knows all this stuff. Have you stopped to also consider that Creative has bottlenecked their drivers? They can release teh stuff to allow for some of the things you are talking. The ALchemy was designed for this yet Creative didnt bundle it.

I am not gonna turn another thread into a Vista Vs. XP war. I was jsut saying that Vista does work. Just not for every purpose that people intend it to. But for other it does everything they intend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom