Need opinions or suggestions for a surround sound headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I saw a video on youtube about the Cyber Snipa Sonar 5.1 headset, and from the guy's review, it looks to be a good one. And not that pricey, around $70 with shipping from their site. I don't see it available on any other sites though.

Here's it's homepage:
Sonar 5.1 Gaming Headset | Cyber Snipa

Or is there one, that's better for the price, with the same or better features...

Speedlink Medusa are good, with a good mic.

Don't expect good sound quality, especially for music, because there not - not to me anyway. Don't get razer, the right channel breaks after 3 months.
Cyber Snipa headsets arn't bad. I think most of them these days are good enough actually.

What soundcard do you have ?, you may not even need a surround sound headset if you have a Creative sound card.

I use onboard sound, and my motherboard does support surround sound.

I'll have a look at Speedlink Medusa.

*edit*
Just had a look at the Medusa 5.1. It's a bit too expensive for me, for a headset. I think I'll stick with the Cyber Snipa.

I can't play any games at the moment, because I only have an HD3450. Currently saving for a 9600GT or something.

Before that, I was thinking of using the headset for some surround sound albums, or watching movies in surround.

Oh right. Yeh there fine for that.

You should listen to some SACD's, they will use the surround sound.

so...have you gotten the headset yet? I'm in the market for a 5.1 gaming headset also and I'd like to hear your opinion on the Cyber Snipa one if you bought it. (just PM me)

Good opinions and comparisons can only be based if a suitable comparison is made, i don't think b1gapl has owned many, if any previous 5.1 headsets.

I've never owned a surround sound headset before, so yea...

I'm also not picky about sound, I just wanted one and the Cyber Snipa has a microphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom