Need help with sound settings for recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transerver

In Runtime
I'm trying to record streaming audio off the internet and I don't know what settings should be selected to clearly record it. I tried messing around in the sound functions but every time I try and record something, the sound is staticy.

I would be grateful if anyone could help.

select STEREO MIX or "WHAT U HEAR" for recording. That will record anything and everything that comes out of your speakers/headphones.

Or even better. download a program like VLC and have it write the stream audio directly to a wave file. This keeps it exactly the same as how you heard it. Making it not have to pass through your soundcards opamps and such. Then you have a nice wav file you can edit directly.

On a side note: Being a person myself that runs a music stream. Recording from a stream or "stream ripping" is bad for us independent broadcasters. It costs to us $$ per listener slot. So that slot being taken up by someone that isn't even listening to the stream really is wasting our resources. Some broadcasters have even put in place a limit on the number of hours a client can stream before being disconnected.
But if you do listen and enjoy the stream while recording it, I have no problems with that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom