need help with installing car subwoofer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
i trust people on TFwith car help because they have proven their knowledge of cars in other threads.

i have a car amp that has speaker outputs that are similar to this amp. its four channel and i need to know how to hook up a subwoofer to the amp. my actual receiver/amp/cdplayer, has a set of pre-amp out's, i assume that i plug the pre amp outputs on my receiver to the actual amplifier?? do i still use my receiver as my primary amp for the four speakers except for the subwoofer? and how do i hook up the subwoofer to the second amp.

cd/player/reveiver/amo=the radio, the cdplayer, the primary amp that is usually near the climate controls in the car.

secondary amp=the amp that u plug the subwoofer into, and the amp that u can put in the trunk or under the car seats.

i'm sorry if the question was not well written. if you do not understand i can elaborate.

thanks in advance, any help would be greatly apprecieated!!

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-eiWfBU...ab=morephotos&pi=6&i=489HA1040&display=XL#Tab
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-eiWfBU...ab=morephotos&pi=4&i=489HA1040&display=XL#Tab
^^^pics of the input, speaker outputs on the amp^^^

EricB. EricB. EricB.EricB. EricB. EricB.EricB. EricB. EricB.EricB. EricB. EricB

ERRIC IC IC IC BEEEEEEEEEEEE. :)

lol he usually hangs out in Computer Audio & Multimedia, so either try to get his attention, or ask a mod if they can move your thread. I don't want to suggest double post, but that might be the eventual option you have to choose.

um ok so youre just running one sub with a 4 channel amp??

also what ohm is your sub and is it dvc(dual voice coil) or not

also yes you plug the preamp outputs on your receiver to your amplifier. and you will still use the hu amp as the amp for your speakers and the 4channel amp as the amp for the sub

would help with wiring but i gotta know what ohm and if its dvc or not

EDIT: also do you have specs of both the amp and the sub? just wanna make sure everything is ok so you dont f everything up and waste money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom