Need help with dvd player and recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

lance49726

Solid State Member
Ok here it goes. I know very little above dvd's and dvd players and recoders what i'm looking for is a dvd recorder internal or external or both for computer so i can record movies to them.

And then a home dvd player that will play them automatically or even some sort of remote device to play them on the home dvd player.

I have read something about having to have a certain type of dvd player and recorder and a special disc and even having to reformat the move to a different format.

Any help would be appreciated thank you

I would like to take the movies i have all ready downloaded from the internet that are mpg-avi-mov-ram or other format and burn them to a dvd disc and then be able to play them on a home tv dvd player.

they need converted to the proper dvd format, start here http://www.videohelp.com , they have a decent selction of tools for this type of thing, many of which are free

list of free apps you will need that I know that work:
imgburn--------for burning iso,cue/bin,mds formats etc

guiffmpeg---------does a good fast job of converting most formats to mpeg2/ac3 or mp2 audio with nav packets for dvd use

guidvdauthor---------front end to dvdauthor for making a dvd iso

dvdstyler-----same as guidvdauthor just a different set of options and laid out differently, I use it quite a bit

folder2iso-----lightweight freeware app that makes iso's out of whatever you want, it comes in handy sometimes

optional:
good media players--vlc media player, mplayer, and media player classic

basic procedure:
convert file to mpeg2@ proper specs for dvd using guiffmpeg or something like it
setup a dvd menu and add the above converted file
burn the image it makes onto a dvd
done, give it a try and make sure it works

all the above software is available thru videohelp.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom