Need help with Audigy 2 Platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylertherobot

In Runtime
Hi All,
I'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I bought a brand new Audigy 2 Platinum sound card at a computer show, I installed it and everything's working great, except for one thing, I keep getting a hissing & popping sound out of my front left speaker. I know it's not the speakers because I"ve tried it with three different sets, The one I'm referring to in front left is the Creative Inspire 5.1 set. It's not an unbearable popping, as if I had checked that I wanted to use the digital speaker output,it's just the front left speaker has popping problems. The other sets of speakers had a bit of trouble in both, because those were all 2.0 sets. I'm plugging the speakers into the right spots as well (I read all the manuals) I also updated the drivers and it still did it. Please reply and tell me if you know what's wrong, I appreciate your input and suggestions!

*bump* I'm still having problems with this, any ideas?

I'm running windows XP with 512 mb ram and....yeah, it's in my sig

Okay.....this may sound like a stupid question, but, do you have your speaker settings on a 5.1 setup? If you do, and you are getting good sound out of at least one speaker, then it can't CANT CANT be the sound cards hardware....it's the speaker itself...it just has to be....if the signal is getting out properly to the other surround speakers then you just bought a fualty speaker (or damaged a good one) quick thought....alot of higher end speakers are now running on XLR connections which most people think are great cables to use for audio transfer, but it's quite the opposite...XLR is sensitive to motion and any slight bump or breeze can cause them all kinds of static, however, I doubt the Creative brand speakers you are using are XLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom