my sound quality.. wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deviator

Baseband Member
hey guys.. i just bought a audigy 2 zs and i turn the volume up all the way.. and my headset volume up all the way.. and i hear little strange crumbling noise.. wtf why?.. i have a Audio .90 headset

I find that if I have my software volume turned all the way up, and my speakers physical volume loud, then I get alot of static. So, I turned my software volume down, and ajusted the physical volume of the speakers themselves, and the static went away.

most likely you're dealing with distortion. If the volume on both the computer and the speakers themselves are turned up, there is a chance that the amplifier is being clipped.

When turning up the volume on the software, the sound card is going to send a stronger signal. On the speaker amplifier, there is a limit on how much input voltage it can receive before clipping.

Those who knows car audio will know what i'm talking about (gain vs. volume knob)

Ha, I should have known you were into car audio gsteg. I've been seeing your posts in this forum and thinking "this guy actually knows something." I'm big into car audio...just left the elite car audio forum.

ECA. i remember that site. lol. i use to go there but i don't know. i find myself on here more often now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom