My sound isnt working, Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiden16

Beta member
So all of a sudden my sound decided to just stop working I guess. I turn my computer on and windows says I need to download my audio which is weird because my audio was working before. The file that I had to download is called C-Media AC97 Audio device, when I try downloading this it says "This Device cannot start. (Code 10). When I go to sound and audio devices properties it says No Audio Device. Please help thanks

Is the sound card build-in or on a PCI slot? If it's on a PCI slot, move it to another slot and keep trying, if it's build-in, might want to replace it if it's going faulty.

Raiden16 said:
So all of a sudden my sound decided to just stop working I guess. I turn my computer on and windows says I need to download my audio which is weird because my audio was working before. The file that I had to download is called C-Media AC97 Audio device, when I try downloading this it says "This Device cannot start. (Code 10). When I go to sound and audio devices properties it says No Audio Device. Please help thanks

C-Media AC 97 is an onBoard audio card.
You can download its up-today driver from its Web site.
You may use Google for that.

AFAIK,
C-Media is well-know in East Asia for its excellent USB audio card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom