My PC keeps waking up from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

callmewilson

Baseband Member
My PC keeps waking up from sleep and even hibernation. I like to leave my computer on 24 hours a day but would like to be able to sleep it to save power. I have set the pc up todo so but it keeps waking up without been touched including the keyboard/mouse. It won't even stay in hibernation, when hibernated you normally have to press the power key on system to resume but like sleep it wakes up on it's own. Here is basially what happens:

My PC is put to sleep, then wakes up on it's own approx 1-5 minutes later , goes back to sleep again after a minute or so, 1-5 minutes wakes up again and it continues in this patten.

I can't seem to find the cause to this. I'm guessing it's some kind of radio frequency interference to the wireless 27mhz keyboard/mouse maybe, the receiver is connected to the ps2 ports but can be used with usb as well, I just used ps2 to avoid tieing up a much needed usb port.

Can anyone help as maybe this has happened to their pc.

If yo u reckon it's the wireless keyboard/mouse, just try unplugging the receiver when you put it to sleep. If it still wakes up, you can cross that one off the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom