My new toy. AR s108ps subwoofer for $25.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
I found this at a pawn shop. a perfect compliment to my m-audio studio monitors

product_124348.jpg

Acoustic Research S108PS Reviews

it's very accurate and it got very low. it outperforms my Yamaha subwoofer box which had 2 8's in it and a more powerful amp.

You sound addicted to buying stuff :p i bet you have a room full of speakers amps pre amps the whole lot :D

Just a quick question for you totally random, but you can spend a lot less on speakers the smaller they get and the closer the ear they get because they sound better. So what would you say some good quality £100 headphones sound close to in a hi-fi set up, e.g. £300, £400 setup ? If you understand what im asking.

You sound addicted to buying stuff :p i bet you have a room full of speakers amps pre amps the whole lot :D

Just a quick question for you totally random, but you can spend a lot less on speakers the smaller they get and the closer the ear they get because they sound better. So what would you say some good quality £100 headphones sound close to in a hi-fi set up, e.g. £300, £400 setup ? If you understand what im asking.

I know what quality stuff is, if I find something on the low, I will always get it. I do have a ton of stuff laying around.

I've never really messed with headphones. I use to have some stax headphones (electrostatic speaker) which sound amazing and was worth well over a grand, but a guy traded me a bunch of audio equipment to get them. these headphones were so nice, that you hooked them up to amplifiers

Open air type Earspeaker : SR-303 (Classic)

A Grand, you gotta be kidding. Theres only so much quality difference especially in headphones between a $300 or $400 set than a $1000, seeing as $500 are about the peak of audio finesse in my personal experience (for headphones)

A Grand, you gotta be kidding. Theres only so much quality difference especially in headphones between a $300 or $400 set than a $1000, seeing as $500 are about the peak of audio finesse in my personal experience (for headphones)

that's what people think until they hear the most expensive stuff. the clarity level was simply amazing. it sound like you didn't have on headphones and you were there.

that's what people think until they hear the most expensive stuff. the clarity level was simply amazing. it sound like you didn't have on headphones and you were there.

I always find 'asif you were there' to be an odd saying, listening to a band at a concert the sound quality is far worse than a recorded track through some good headphones. Or do you mean asin sound 'realism' ?

The best speakers ive listened to so far is these :p >

aegis evo 1 and 3 specifications : acoustic energy

Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 3 7.1 set :D, running through a Denon amp. Hopefully it's getting upgraded to a Lynn amp soon (well, so my dad says)

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom