My new Entertainment hdtv stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
With hdtv's out regular stereo stands are a thing of the past. I've been looking for the past 6 months for the perfect hdtv stand.

I ran into problems though. anything under a thousand is crappy. anything that good cost 3 grand or more.
Wal mart had a decent one for 200 bucks but it look like that I didn't even have my tv hanging on it and I could put all of my stereo pieces on it. I took it back. I audition few more. progressive audio have some new that started at 10 grand. never

NexHdtvRack.jpg

after months of looking I decided to make one myself. I bought one the hdtv stands that circuit city uses for displaying their hdtv and worked around it. it could hold 2 tv and nothing but i need it to hold one high in the air. here is my finish product. I even have room add power amps back to my system. I upgrade my yamaha receiver to one that has that capabilities (7 pre outs) as my last 7.1 receiver didn't

BowWowandNellyBasketballgame.jpg

That looks really good for a DIY job! How come you didn't mount the TV on the wall?

Also outta curiosity, I cant recognise most of the boxes in the stand, mind explaining what they are? :p

that room was an add on to the house. I trust the strength of the wall to be up to code like the rest of the house.

I have a Yamaha rx-v2500 (130x7 + 2x25 front effect channels) reciver, a Sony 300 disc changer, a lexicon cp-1 processor, my quad core 6gig ram 1250 gig media server with a APC Voltage regulator. it's not really needed since I ran a 30 amp Hospital grade electrical outlet circuit to power everything, but it makes my my receiver and hdtv regulated which tranlates to more power and better picture and longer life of your components.

my speaker are the paradigm 11seMkIII towers and the CC-300 center channel.

I have a Kove Armageddon and a 500 watt sub amp from Parts-Express.com - Speakers, Speaker Building, Home Audio and Video, Pro Audio, Electronic Parts & Accessories as my subwoofer

why do people hate? 9 times out of 10 their non postable stuff needs wire management too. if it isn't an issue with me, what difference do it make?

It does not make any difference at all. I was just adding some constructive critisism to what I felt was an excellent project.

people like to make the wire comments whenever I post stuff here. the truth of the matter is you can't really see them in real life only in pictures. I get defensive because I have degenerative disc disease and fixing those wires will cause me considerable back pain because I can't hide the wire then push the stand back because they aren't long enough so I'd have to manually bend over to fix them and I can't do that.

I just bought a really nice stand from Best Buy. I could not believe it only cost $160. It doesn't have a back mount for the TV (TV either sits on it or is wall mounted), but it was like 48 inches wide and 23 inches tall with 3 shelves. Here is a pic of the product. I'll post a pic of my actual setup soon. Apparently I got a decent deal since I only paid $160 in store and online it is $210:
Init® - TV Stand for Most Flat-Panel Televisions Up to 50" - Black - NT-C1140

7832492_ra.jpg

Atleast your better than me eric, i don't tidy my cables even if i can. I don't see the need. It just takes ages and they always get messed up in 1 weeks time and then i have to do it all over again and i don't really want to be doing that.

I'll show ya'll a pic of behind my dads tv setup (not as good as yours eric) it consists of:

Denon 7.1 receiver (can't remember model)
Sky HDTV Box
PS3 (sometimes, serves as console/Blu ray player)
Panasonic DVD player (plays every format under the sun)
Samsung 40" Series 3 720p tv.
Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 7.1 setup.

I'll get pics now.

edit:

camera is out of battery will be a few hours.. but trust me, it aint pretty behind that setup :p

Trust me Eric my wire management is worse than yours. I am with Oreo on the I end up changing it too often to make it worth it.

My Father is a different story. He was an electrical engineer and back in the early 80's he built all of his own speakers and crossovers for his system. I was the tar and lambs wool stuffer.

This is his first ever completely purchased system.

3359961077_1b7ba34836.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom