My Microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britty D

Beta member
When I plug my microphone in the correct slot it doesnt work at alll.. but theses another slot and it does work.....Its not the speaker slot its something else.....but trying to record in that slot it wont work you can just hear yourself from the speakers....I tried the testing the hardware and the mic and what not still wont work so i dont know anymore....

you probably plugged it into the line-in port. there should be two inputs on a basic soundcard, mic-in and line-in.

double-click volume icon on taskbar -> options -> properties -> recording -> make sure the correct input is selected and has significant volume. try different configurations until something works.

okay i put it in mic-in still nothin even messing around with the configs could it be a shortage.....you can only hear youself and what not in the line-in....Is it okay to have microphone and line-in both clicked...The mic is fine itself I know...

Re:

Hello,

Have you checked your Recording levels in volume control...?

Also, what soundcard do you have, or if it's onboard, what motherboard do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom