my "media center" setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

blast2blaze

Baseband Member
I have a Dell 2007wfp, and I wanna use it for my computer as well as my HD reciever, I have a Digital Cable HD reciever and wanna connect it directly to the monitor through DVI, and the computer is set through VGA.

...That is not the problem, the thing is...

My speakers are Logitech Z-4, a 2.1 set. It connects to the computer with the standard wire for computer speakers (idk the name), Is there anything that can let me use the speakers for the computer and HDTV simultaneously? Is there an add-on or a switch that can achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

uhh wait do you want to get input from two different sources at the same time?? that wouldnt work at all there are switches tho which all you to switch from one soure to the other. the y splitter allows you to add an extra speaker set if you want but it doesnt do it the other way around lol.

im not sure if im misunderstanding you but do you want to do 2 different sources to one speaker set or 2 different speaker sets to one source?

do you have an monitor audio out input on your tv cause you might wanna just run the pc with the audio to the tv using a headphone to rca jack then run the speakers out of the tv so the tv will use the speakers no matter what.

most tvs have a section in the back where all the inputs are called monitor out then it has a video and audio section. video would most likely go to dvrs then audio to speakers. and of course if your tv has a headphone jack were wasting alot of time here lol but yeah basically all you need is two rca to headphone wires. one for the pc to connect to the tv and another to the speakers, but i recommend getting a gaming adapter from the logitech website. its 4.99 and it allows you to connect up to a 5.1 system to your tv using the left and right rca audio jacks. plus it will prove useful in the future if you plan on upgrade your speakers.

or you can do it the opposite way and hook a rca to 1/8 adapter from the audio out of your tv to line in on your computer

no, my monitor does not have an audio out input, let me give an example of what I will be doing:

I am on my computer connected via VGA listening to music on itunes with the logitech z-4's, then i decide i want to watch some shows, so i swith to dvi mode since that is where i connected the HD reciever and I want to hear the shows through the logitech z-4's as well.

if it doesnt have an audio output then you will need a switch like this
pRS1C-2326421_rshalt1_dt.jpg

allows 2 sources to be switch and the ability to change from headphones to speakers just took up your speakers to this

then get a wire like this
http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=146
connect one end to your hd reciever and on end and the other end to the switch then connect a 1/8th headphone wire from your pc to this and you should be up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom