my burnt music cd's sound like vinyl and i can't stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzandloz

Beta member
Yo
Can anyone solve this problem, it's been doing my head in ever since I got this computer.

Whenever I burn music on to cd's I got a slight buzzing out of the left speaker when I play them back on any sound system.
Its like playing vinyl. It's not a problem when playing loud rock stuff because you can't hear it then, but anything quieter and it just buzzes away, driving me crazy.

I must of burned about 200 cd's all with the same problem. I've tried using different programs to burn with ( mediaplayer, real player etc ), all with the same result.

Thanks to anyone who can offer advice.

Not sure what you mean.

If you mean do I still get the buzzing with normal music CD's purchased from a record store, then no I don't, they play fine.

It's just music burned onto CDR's with my PC that causes buzzing out of the left speaker on play back.

fitzandloz said:
Yo
Can anyone solve this problem, it's been doing my head in ever since I got this computer.

Whenever I burn music on to cd's I got a slight buzzing out of the left speaker when I play them back on any sound system.
Its like playing vinyl. It's not a problem when playing loud rock stuff because you can't hear it then, but anything quieter and it just buzzes away, driving me crazy.

I must of burned about 200 cd's all with the same problem. I've tried using different programs to burn with ( mediaplayer, real player etc ), all with the same result.

Thanks to anyone who can offer advice.

give a system profile, plus the software that you use

Yo,

Not entirely sure how to compile a system profile, but I've had a go.
As for software I mainly use the latest version of windows media player 9 or 10 whichever it is,
or Veritas recordnow dx.

Thanks for your time.

parkard bell pc
windows xp
pentium 4 2.8ghz
512mb ram
nvidia ge force4 mx 440
disk drive maxtor 4R06OJO
hl-dt-st cd rw gce 8240b

Perhaps you could borrow a burner from a friend, build it into your PC and try to burn CDs with that one, that way you can rule out it's the burner that's causing you trouble.

For a system profile, my gues would be a DxDiag dump, to get this:
Start -> run -> "DxDiag"

It'll open a new window with all your systemspecs in it, you can find a button there that saves all the information in a .txt

Good luck,
EGM

Oh and BTW: Technically speaking, a Vinyl record holds more sound quality then a CD/DVD cause it stores the information analog (in Sinusses, not in diggets)... but I understand what you mean...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom