My Behringer Truth B2030A Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Just got my Behringer Truth B2030A, and after sorting out some extremely odd interference (beeping when i moved my mouse...) i decided to sit down for some critical listening, i cracked open the Age of Conan soundtrack that i downloaded, WAV at 1411kbps. Mainly orchestral music.

I'll keep things pretty short, these are highly impressive. I find there size very deceiving for the amount of distornionless sound they kick out, it's incredible. The bass is more accurate, palpable and textured then my dads £1000 Hi-Fi speakers (but they are NOT flat, at all. +dB at the bass end of things) It seriously astonishes me how they have such great bass, without being overpowering.

The highs are very detailed, extremely high resolution, without sounding brash or peircing (unless put on +2dB on the back of the monitor, were they sometimes do)

The midrange is good, however i would say it's a bit to recessed considering the highs are slightly forward and the mid-bass occasionaly gets a bit dense and muffled into the lower bass, if you understand what i mean :p

But then again, they've only been playing 20 minutes - the bass is supposed to improve through burn in through the next 50 hours or so. :)

I'll update this then.

Remember, the way they sound depends on the acoustics of your room.

Did you get the mopads too?

They are flat, its just that the have a better response in the low end, so bass that you couldint hear on other speakers, is now present.

build you some stands to better your acoustics. I once posted here on how to build some high end stands for 25.00 at lowes.

I'll get my dad to do it, he did carpentry as a course :p

They need to be very stable and heavy, right ?

Actually, no.

They just need to be level, and the base needs to be flat.

If you had gotten very large monitors, then yes. But the actual weight of the monitor will
help maintain their balance, as well as a wide base.

Hmm okay. So why isn't a 50kG Oak desk good enough ..?

I changed it from my old glass one.

£206 for the speakers
70 for the soundcard (has to be special studio soundcard with right outputs)
20 for the cables.

I'm not sure about prices in USA. there totally different from here.
A single Mackie MR5 or something like that over here is £145, in USA its $150. Totally different prices. But it varies a lot from brand to brand.

edit:

Wow, these go to insaine SPL .. and that clipping limit light refuses to come on :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom