My audio setup - check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdawg

Daemon Poster
I listen to music the whole time I'm on the computer, usually with my sennheiser hd212 headphones which are amazing, and when no ones home or having a party at my house on my 400 watt 5.1's.

For my Audigy 2 ZS settings I just find a blend of bass & treble & volume I like, go into creative audio console, eax - advanced eq section, and I like new age since it goes good with any kind of music I've tried, and is more robust sounding than regular.

Windows media player has the best audio quality I've found. Make sure you enable SRS Wow effects, makes a nice difference IMO.

In windows media player go to view - enhancements - srs wow effects - and find your favorite settings, I add a little extra bass & put srs wow effects to about 80.

Sounds better than winamp IMO. Any settings in wimamp to improve audio quality?

well personally I dont like any of the SRS stuff. I mess with the EQ some but I have tried it before and It sounds too distorted to me. But maybe it is just becuase my speakers cant handle it ??

SRS sounds clearly better to me.

what is unnatural about what I've posted & why would I be flamed for saying what audio setup I have & like & trying to make a suggestion for others to try?

i dont flame you, i was saying others might. as far as srs with me goes, i cant handel it on my weaker speakers, but it kinda depends sometimes. on my other cheap speakers it was a benifit to have them, but on my current cheap speakers, it has more bass then the other cheap speakers of mine even if they had srs on anyway, but if i have srs with mine right now it would distort.

Well maybe because you are enabling all kinds of crazy eq's and bass and treble boosters, and enabling crap like srs wow.

Winamp plays your music how it actually sounds.

Media player applies a multitude of eq's and resampling to achieve it's "better" sound, as do those settings you are messing with on your audigy2.

All microsoft has to do is add a cool looking feature called "SRS WOW!" and look what you get :rolleyes:

it sounds gangster! u guyz listen to country & opera or something???

that is all

the macdawg

it'd be silly and dumb for anyone to flame him for the way he likes his music to sound. that's a personal preference thing. it'd be like flaming him because he likes to eat banana peppers. i will just let you know what's up with all of those "enhancements"...

all of those EQ's and SRS effects color the sound and add disortion to the sound. sometimes you can't notice it, but will usually cause listening fatigue. plus, these effects usually ruin the balanced sound of quality speakers. the SRS WOW effect also widens stereo imaging, which can be good in moderation. but too much, again, colors the sound and also isn't a representation of what the originally creator of the music wanted it to sound like.

but to each his own...if you like the way it sounds, good.

Amen Molsen.
"Whatever floats your boat"
Ps- for the visualization, go to bars and waves and select "SCOPE", as i've said before, the SRS effects compress the signal. watch the sine(?) wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom