Music CD's and some DVD's no longer work on my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

joyrider

Beta member
Hi, I am running windows me and I will firstly explain what happened when I tried to run my music CD's and then I will explain what happened when I tried to run my DVD movies.

Just so you know, the music CD's that I tried to run on my PC were both pirated and retail and the pirated ones were burnt using this PC system.

When I placed a music CD into the DVD-ROM drive, an error message appeared with "Desktop" in the blue part of the window and in the gray part of the window "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

After I saw that error message I got into My Computer and had a look at the properties of the CD without actually exploring the CD. The properties showed the CD as being 100% full and having
used ~ 680MB of space. But when I explored the CD, I only found about 12 1kb files!

The same error message as I wrote above happens when I insert DVD videos into the DVD-ROM drive, except I am able to see all (I think) of the files on DVD's. However, when I want to run some of
my DVD's, some of them don't work with the error message "Error Code: F54564F5" and "TV-out function of your display card can not be disabled" displaying in PowerDVD. My display card is an
Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro and it has 32MB of VRAM and tv-out functionality.

Thank you for reading this, and for your help.

Maybe I have somewhere along the line, but I know that one of the pirated CD's I have used to work on my PC but now it doesn't.

if i remember correctly, that is a problem video card.

i don't know about your cd, though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom