Music cassette tapes to cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentaengr

Beta member
I was wondering if anyone could help me with converting music cassette tapes to cd's. Would I need a special sound card? How would I connect my Sony MHC-RG20 to my PC? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, if you have a laptop, i would recomend getting an external sound card, unless your laptop is new and came with a Soundbalster already. If you have a desktop, your soundcard should do fine. Just hook a male-to-male headphone cord from your headphones out on your cassete player to mic or line-in on your comp. Then you'll need some sort of program to do this. If you have a Creative Sound Card, use its software. Or, Musicmatch also records good. Just make sure you record them to MP3 format, unless you really want good quality at the sacrifice of size, don't do WAV.

All what u need is a Stereo Line cable.
get it from RS, connect to output "line-out" from the cassette player "u may plug it to the earphone jack" and the other plug will be attached to the computer's soundcard "Line-in" jack...using any good software u can record, convert to mp3 or whatever.
regards,

cassette tapes? people still have those...LOL. J/K synch. just about summed it up really, its not difficult at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom