Multiple system help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
Ok first off, I want no wars here. I am an honest girl and I don't wan this to turn into another flame fight.

If you can't say something nice - don't bother replying, please.

I am looking for help on which Speaker systems to buy, along with AMP and all that. One system is for my new beast of a PC, the other for my car.

Stop right now if you were going to say something mean :p

I don't trust shops, because I knew they didn't know jack anymore about sound, and as stated here in the forums, most of today's "average joe" doesn't know a thing either. I have HEARD good sound though, it was.. about 10 years ago from an Old buddy of mine (who has since passed away or I'd be askin him for help :p)

Todays "teen" market is all about bass that sounds like cr@p, high volumes that distort the sound quality, and Plastic Shells for your system... all of these things are WRONG for sound.. I know.. but that doesn't stop the shops from selling them.

So, since I live in the USA, and people here are complete morons when it comes to what to buy (always trusting the shops view- and those are based on Sales more then anything) I come here for some HONEST help.

I wanna know what I can get, that will fullfill my needs, and won't put me on the streets for affording.

In my PC system, I am looking for "Theater booming sounds" I watch a lot of movies on my PC, and I want the sound to be as dramatic as the movies. For example, in Transformers, when the Giant Robots slam into Earth, I want it so sound like it happened in my back yard... not a muffle thud from my puny speakers I have now. I need the sound clear, no hissing , no popping, and no Muffle. When I turn the volume UP I want it to go UP, and UP only, not UP and degrade quality. This I know will rely on a fantastic sound card as well, so please be patient with me, I know nothing about sound systems, except that all the ones around now, completely suck.

My car I just want a more basic approach, odd eh? Bass will be good.. gotta lot of idiots that think there systems rock, and I wanna show em what REAL bass sounds like, so I know I will be going for some MDF board and customizing my car a bit, which is ok, I propbuild so I am no stranger to Fiberglass, MDF, saws, drills and Bondo. Kinda the same thing with the car.. just want it to end up Clear instead of the garbage I always hear when at a stop light. Be nice to turn it up and blow their puny systems away.

If I need to do custom soldering, wiring or the like, this is fine, I know a bit and I have friends that know more on this, but frankly even my "best audio" friend knows jack about real sound, he fell in with the Economy for junky versions.

Let's just say I have no supplies on either account. This way I start fresh, and get the best possible results. Money is an option here... try to get the best you can, but Price VS Performance, we can cut top of the line out, I know I don't have the thousands of dollars for that. This is a future purchase, especially the car audio, so take your time planning it.

Oh and... PC first. She is almost done being built and it would be nice to have Sound that matches it's performance.

Thank you so much in advance, and please.. keep it cival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom