mpeg convert to mpeg-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zindel

Baseband Member
alright i got a new apple ipod, and all my videos are all mpeg and it needs them to be mpeg-4 so is there a program that can change them? or how can i do it?

Mac touts Quicktime as being able to convert videos to the format the the ipod can play (.m4v I believe). So I buy Quicktime pro but lo and behold it will only convert the quicktime .mov files. Heck it wont even open anything else.

I suppose I should extend the original questiona bit: is there a way to convert the videos I want to use (some are Xvid and some are Avi) to .mov or directly to .m4v?

i have an archos personal video player that needs its video files to be in mpeg-4 so im not sure if this helps but here

this is free so your gonna hafta do a little more than what you would have to do with a paid program

first you need is
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/virtualdub/VirtualDub-1.6.11.zip?download

then this is the converter
http://archos.com/download/list_software.html#mpeg4translator.png
PICK: MPEG-4 Translator english version(or whatever language you want)
then you just find that virtual dub file when it asks you too and you can convert to mpeg4

How can I get a copy of QT6 pro? They donÂ’t seem to have it for sale anymore and I donÂ’t really feel like paying for another copy of a program that may or may not solve my problem.

On another point: Is there a program (preferably freeware) that can convert any given type of movie file into any other type of movie file?

I was wrong about quicktime 6. it only convert .mov files. you have to use dvdcopy4 as it can convert anything to mpeg4. look up auto gk too. it's free

QT.jpg

So .wav is to MP3 as Mpeg is to Mpeg4? File size is reduced for storage? (Too lazy to google it right now)

oi, well thanks. I actually found a program, its called Videora iPod Converter .

Its free and does the job. Of course theres a payable version that lets you download movies and automatically copy them to whatever device you have. Personally I have a problem with to much automation anyways.

Now I just have to figure out what on earth I can use QuicktimePro for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom