mp3 player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul89

Baseband Member
My Creative nomad zen xtra recently broke down on my and I am looking for another mp3 player... not Ipod though and have narrowed down my search to about 3 mp3 players. They needed to be harddrive at least 30gigs so that really limited my selection... could i have some opinions and or advice as to which mp3 player to get.

my selection is...

Toshiba Gigabeat S30
Creative Zen Vision M
Cowon iAudio X5L

btw... im kinda reluctant to get the creative one although it seems like an awsome player probably the best out of the 3 in terms of features cause of the touch pad, no touch pads for me :rolleyes:

any help greatly appreciated

Cowon iAudio X5L

Cowon has been nothing but top-quality for me. I have an A2 and an X5. They are excellent. :)

The cowon looks really good but im not sure about it due to lack of an id3 database... stuff like artists, genres, albums... im unsure about how it will affect my browsing for music... i have a collection of 3000+ songs...

Take care of that before you put them on the player, its organized about like an iPod, I can chose genres artists albums songs etc...

I dunno about Windows, but theres a program called EasyTAG for Linux that is excellent for mass editing and organizing of ID3 tags. :)

i realize that i can add tags to my mp3s and i do have my music tagged already the thing is from what i understand about the cowon i would have to put my music into folders such as "A" or the artist name or something ... it is not automatically done in a database i would have to do it by hand in windows

What, do you have just have a bunch of songs in a folder or something? You don't keep your music organized in folders anyway?

i have all my music in one folder... and i have my media players that will automatically categorize my music... i do have my files all named by artist-album-song but it would be annoying to have to go through half of the songs just to get to one song...

Jul89 said:
My Creative nomad zen xtra recently broke down on my and I am looking for another mp3 player...

any help greatly appreciated

a lot of people say this, but still swear that it better than ipod. my creative player died and I'll never get another one. I got a hundred year old ipod that's been to **** and back and it still works

yeah i accidentally droped it and the hd is stuck nothing i can do about it... :( stupid mistakes.... just looking for something different this time around... technology has improved.. im hoping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom