mp3 collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Daemon Poster
well ok i have a large collection of mp3s and its a total mess! i was wondering if there is a program that will organise it all for me? i dont want playlists or anything just a clean easy folder structure, oh i also probable have have heeps of doubles.....

thankz people

idk about any programs to do it...
but u can just go through delete ur doubles.. and put all ur music into one file.. make it lil easier.. (what music player do u use?)

There are several options.
1. write a script to parse through the files and read out a unique name. there by identifying unique files and moving duplicates to another folder where they can be deleted.
2. Do it manualy.
3. Do nothing... :)
I like #3, but would probably do #1 as I like to fix strange problems. The problem I see is in identifying every unique song. Not all the names are the same, and the ones that are are in a differenft folder. kind of a programming knightmare...

Go to download.com and download mediamonkey. Its a great free music library organizer and it can help u ID duplicates (though you'll have to delete them manually unless you purchase the $30 pro version). I've been using it for a while and really like it.

cool. Didn't know something was out there already. I looked a few times, but always came back empty handed. I'll give it a try when I get home...
Thanks bigstanklo

Thats the lazyist thing I've ever heard haha, why don't you take sometime and organize them yourself? I mean, thats what I've done and passes alot of time away and in the end it feels asthough you have achived something :)

Mine is set out like this (I've got very few MP3's due to a new HDD):

My Music:

Folder Name - Dance (Hardcore, Trance, Bonkers), I will be adding other files when I get around to doing so, like, "RnB" ;).

In that file consists of:

Full Album's / Single Tracks

Full Album's --> Clubland, Happyhardcore Mixes

Single Tracks --> Single Dance Tracks (Clubland, Happyhardcore & Other)

I've also got all my folders organized into different subjects - e.g.

Games
Browser(s)
Buring Tool(s)
Sound, Media & Visual
P2P - File Sharing Programs

And others, yes I did, I got bored.

Blitze105 said:
idk about any programs to do it...
but u can just go through delete ur doubles.. and put all ur music into one file.. make it lil easier.. (what music player do u use?)

Winamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom