most annoying pieces of technology?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Placebo said:
Well it's not around the home but i hate those god damn speed cameras!!!

England is freakin' full of 'em!!!

:mad:

We have stoplight cameras in The States. They sell this spray for licence plates, though, that makes the plates look glossed over so the police can't see you plate number. Very nifty product.

Tech I hate... MACS

Acrobat Reader 6.

It's a bigger resourse hog, and take up 48 Mb on my hard drive onces install it.

DVD REGION CODE LOCKING.

The most stupidist software and hareware thing that I have ever seen.

What irratates me is that that sort of feature is ILLEGAL in Australia and NZ. You thing that the software vendors might want to observe our laws some tme.

I suppose it's okay if you are only have 1 region for your DVD Collection. But myself, i have AT LEAST 3 different reasons in my DVD collection considering I get imports.

(Thankfully a lot of the stuff from China Town is Reigon 0)

But last night, I had to format my hard drive on one of my computer JUST becausr I reach the 5 and final region change.

Silesia said:
DVD REGION CODE LOCKING.

The most stupidist software and hareware thing that I have ever seen.

What irratates me is that that sort of feature is ILLEGAL in Australia and NZ. You thing that the software vendors might want to observe our laws some tme.

I suppose it's okay if you are only have 1 region for your DVD Collection. But myself, i have AT LEAST 3 different reasons in my DVD collection considering I get imports.

(Thankfully a lot of the stuff from China Town is Reigon 0)

But last night, I had to format my hard drive on one of my computer JUST becausr I reach the 5 and final region change.

:rolleyes: you can always get free downloads to clear the codes why reformat?
http://www.dvdvideo.co.nz/dvd_downloads.htm

After spending about 3 hours of formating and then screwing around with the firmware, i was sucessful.
Click here for full details.

As to DVD Regional Playback Control, i still have the following to thing so say to you...
biteme.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom