Monster cable vs coathangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i do like america and i have to agree with eric and oriox on this one. i am not so bold to say i am an audiophile, but i do take much care in my audio. i listen to 320 k mp3's and have spent over $450 in speakers and cans. it breaks my heart when my friends bass boosted 128 k mp3's loaded on her ipod with her stock headphones sounds better to her than my high bit rate mp3's with my d2 and my ettys. it's horrible.

huh?

I quit. you just can't win here. everybody's own opinions of will distorts the facts.

it has this 15 year old (I see that you missed the part about you can't tell the new generation anything anyway) right here contradicting himself.

you claim to have advance audio knowlegde. this suggest otherwise. there's no way in heck those speakers that you brag on have the quality mentioned in this posts

http://www.techist.com/forums/f12/your-pc-speakers-110269/index26.html
large.jpg

those speakers that you mention has every bit of these qualities below which is bad in all aspects.

Soundavartar.jpg

fine. believe you want. continue to think that you know good sound. if you want good sound, just ask any American off of the street. they won't steer you wrong. especially listen to mcovalt. he's the audio guru. he knows more than I ever could

take this quote.

Got them at newegg for around $150.

Some say they have a lack of midrange, but if you have a decent mp3 player, a decent ear for music, and some decent music, they sound amazing. I set my mp3 player's custom EQ so the sound is nice and balanced. The fist time I cranked "Sultans of Swing" by Dire Straits on those babies I just about cried during the guitar solo, it was so beautiful. I used to own the Logitech Z-2300's and they are very powerful. The highs, however, sound like mud compared to the Z-2300's. I also own the Klipsch Promedia II's and it has a lot more warmth to the sound than the L3800's, but the L3800 give of a lot more tight and punchy bass that I like.

Simply said, if you like lifelike clarity and super crisp sound with a tight bass, get the L3800's no questions asked. Music: classic rock, rock, classical, bluegrass, country

If you like a "boomy" powerful sound that you can feel, get the Z-2300's. Music: grungier rock, rap, pop, modern-ish rock with heavy bass

If you want a warm sound that is extremely rich, go for the Klipsch Promedia II. Music: anything

If anyone wants I can record some footage of the L3800's playing music compared to the Klipsch.

we all need to stop wasting our money since you can get lifelike sound for some small plastic speakers made for computers that cost 150 bucks. thanks for the tip.

sike.
P.s answer this. how do you know that the sound is real and lifelike? at least oriox is heading in the right direction to learn about sound.

hey eric, people can change their opinions about others. if you read my post, you will see i dont claim to have "advanced audio knowledge". yes, those are my speakers. i like them. i never said they were the best. and i absolutely dont appreciate you using my age as a debate point against me. mod, please shut this sorry attempt of a thread down.

oh, thanks for giving my nice little speaker comparison a little more publicity. i will record footage of them if it is requested.

i never stated i knew more than you did as far as audio goes. stop putting ****ing words in everyones ****ing mouths. i am sick and tired of reading your nonsense.

you are the one that start the mess back up. if you don't know audio, don't act like you do. you are proving my case exactly. this is what happen in the new millennium when you try to educate somebody about audio. you can't because they already know everything

this post should be closed. I'm just beating my head against the wall. people want to think that I'm prejudice just because I state the obvious and I can't seem to change their mind.

I'm through trying. I will refer the audio questions to mcovalt from here on out.

PS. how the soundstage on those speakers? I forgot. it ain't one

can I get some plot and graph on those speakers since you are so informed about this info. I post that to help you understand sound since you had seemed so interested. I didn't post it for you to have your bipolar side come out and flip the script and lie. half of the time that's why I keep these debates going. to help the people who want to learn. you guys don't half to worry about that anymore.

if you don't know audio, don't act like you do.

I NEVER DID!!! Of course I am not going to end the thread as if all Americans are stupid with all aspects of audio. I will try keep that from happening as long as this thread is going. There you go again generalizing, "Now the thing about your post millenium..." I would like to know more about audio. Hence me asking you initially and thanking you in your response. Us darned "post millenium era"! geeesh

I NEVER DID!!!

my point exactly. you don't know good audio so you don't know that Americans don't know what good sound is.

it is not the same as saying that all Americans have bad teeth. it's more like saying that americans speak english

my point exactly. you don't know good audio so you don't know that Americans don't know what good sound is.

How the heck is that your point exactly when all you have been doing lately is demeaning my intelligence about my inability to learn and listen to music based only on two facts, that I am 15 and American. Please explain to me how that is not prejudice.

How the heck is that your point exactly when all you have been doing lately is demeaning my intelligence about my inability to learn and listen to music based only on two facts, that I am 15 and American. Please explain to me how that is not prejudice.

by letting you just keep talking. your ignorance is telling on you.

but if you want an answer here we go.

1. the dumbing up of america. with the no child left behind act, they are not teaching you guys anything in school but stupid tests that will never help you in life. the result? a person who not as smart as his ancestor was 20 years ago, yet he knows everything.

2.15. you know everything

3.you are american and your computer speaker comments speaks for itself. you missed that part about you guys will go to war for this wrong belief, that I posted previously. look at you now.

4.you admitted that you don't know audio

5. today's music sucks. it's scream music. you can play that with anything. do you like classical music or jazz?

6.you are not old enough (pre-2000) to have been around when we had good cheap equipment and standards. the bad economy took that away and replaced it with bs outsource products and bs marketing

need I say more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom