Monster cable vs coathangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh the markup on monster cables and the like is hundreds of times higher than what it should be. When you can go to monoprice, buy an hdmi cable for 10 bucks shipped, and best buy wants to sell you a cable that is almost identical but it says "MONSTER" on it for 100 bucks, something is wrong. You know what they say, a fool and his money are soon parted.

exactly. welcome to america. they live for this

hehe, I get a kick out of the angry person...no ability to just relax and take it easy :D insult me and I'm fine with it

whom am I angry with and what insult did I throw? the brick thing is the truth. nobody can tell you anything that you don't want to hear. that's a fact that's been proven plenty of times here.

I'm not angry because you are ignorant. I kinda feel sorry for you

hehe, seriously...i could say something negative but I won't...it's just...relax
like this:
Saddam Hussein & - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am like the saddam character in south park..but not like the dictator...in the spirit of relaxation and south park...

"Hey relax guy take a load off"

I could be wrong 100% of the time, and it's ok...you should give it a go 1% of the time too...it's not all that bad.

I don't know much, and I haven't read what was said in this thread, but I would assume how long the signal was being passed would matter.

Also, I don't see why this comparison was made, it should be obvious. The benefits of wires over coathangers is that they are insulated and easy to manage, and they're shielded.. The thing that should be compared are regular cables to monster cables that you pay a premium for.

Also, I think this should be sort of obvious because digital signals won't suffer from the quality loss that analog signals of before, when things like proper cables were more important, I guess. I'm not old enough or even experienced enough to even know. Shoot.

I read Atomic Tofu's post, and I lost a whole bunch of respect for him. :\ Oh well.

it's ok...you can totally hate me and think I'm trash. Nobody has to respect me...yeah I know it's a weird thing...but it's something that is always proven in the op post time and time again...outside from my own humble opinions...real world tests like these tend to dissolve any of these claims...no matter the person. That's why they put a smile on my face...aside from me being weird

I don't know much, and I haven't read what was said in this thread, but I would assume how long the signal was being passed would matter.

Also, I don't see why this comparison was made, it should be obvious. The benefits of wires over coathangers is that they are insulated and easy to manage, and they're shielded.. The thing that should be compared are regular cables to monster cables that you pay a premium for.

Also, I think this should be sort of obvious because digital signals won't suffer from the quality loss that analog signals of before, when things like proper cables were more important, I guess. I'm not old enough or even experienced enough to even know. Shoot.

I read Atomic Tofu's post, and I lost a whole bunch of respect for him. :\ Oh well.

optical goes something like 500 or 5000 miles before degradation. there is no noise issue. I wish rca cable was so forgiving

it's ok...you can totally hate me and think I'm trash. Nobody has to respect me...yeah I know it's a weird thing...but it's something that is always proven in the op post time and time again...outside from my own humble opinions...real world tests like these tend to dissolve any of these claims...no matter the person. That's why they put a smile on my face...aside from me being weird

The idea that audiophiles don't know what they're talking about because of something like this is just ignorant, that's it.

I try to ignore you, but then you say something ridicules again.

to everybody else.

that rca test was basically accurate. anybody above idiot level can figure that out. you do get isolation and flexibility with rca though

the anti audio geek is stuck on proving that everything sound alike. so he set up BS tests to prove his claim.

for amp testing. he will get a 400.00 amp, a 4 grand amp and a 40,000 amp.

for starters the first he did wrong already was failure to include a 100 - 200 dollars or less amp or receiver in the groups. these are the one that had serious shortcuts made to them to sell at low price. these are the one that has a lot of short comings to them. most of the above were good solid state equipment.

then he will do the abx test. he will get real nice expensive speakers to test them. that mistake is obvious.

he will test them at one watt. guess what? if the amp was built with a hamster jacking off, of course it will sound the same being played at one watt. you go past one watt the hamster balls turn into deep fried raisins, where as the amps get better and louder.

then he will say as long as you don't clipped the amps that all amps sound the same.

he missed the point to everything.

tube amp (rare) sound better if they are intentionally clipped. you can get 30 watt tube amp to 200-250 watts if you send it a square wave (100%) and it will sound good doing so.

class a (even rarer) amps sound better if you clipped them to up to 20% distortion than not clipping them. you can get 30 watt amp to 150 watts if you send it a square wave (100%). it won't sound too hot here though.

class ab (almost every amp in the market) amp sound deteriorate at clipping. clipping really sound horrible once you past 10%. you send it a square wave and you will likely destroy it.

class g, d, h, and t (the rest). I won't even discuss them as i'm hoping you getting the point now. you will destroy these well before a square wave as they max out at clipping

anyway these idiots are idiots. they compare everything at one specific level, when the devices were capable of millions of levels.

they love running test like these because there are idiots that don't have a mind of their own, that will believe them and stand behind them

Ooo so THATS why Tube amps still sound good even though the the signal thrown out looks like ****..
Now i can't wait to get mine :D

All makes sense now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom