Monster cable vs coathangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly. welcome to america. they live for this

Sorry to say Eric but this is so not true. The Americans may have a materialized economy but we are no where NEAR the likes of that of China and Japan. They are 10x worse then us. So throwing these comments saying that Americans are the worst is not accurate in anyway shape or form as we are not the most materialistic economy out there. At least we dont shut down our country for a day when a video game gets released like the Japanese do. Who is materialistic now?

While i will agree that Americans are a bit under-educated when it comes to audio. The music that is popular here has a big effect on this. The Rappers all put nothign but bad bass in songs just to get people to say "Ohh and Ahh". But not everyone over here is that way.

I have personally worked in the industry. I worked as a person who used to build high quality home theater equipment.

B&K Components: Home

That is the ocmpany i woked for. We built Amps, PreAmps and Recievers. All from the ground up. From the first blank motherboard to the final install of the soldered motherboard into the chassis for final packing and shipping.

Also there we did testing for Audio. We had to test EVERY unit for Stereo, Headphone and Surround sound. We had a test rig setup with everything. We used B&K speakers. So i do have a ear that can pick out where osunds are coming from and if they are distorted or not. So it is not ALL Americans as you so choose to say. It is the majority yes. But not all. So please, for me, stop making it seem that all Americans are the root of evil here. It is not that way. I know a few people around the world that know less of audio than me and my friends here.;)

Sorry to say Eric but this is so not true. The Americans may have a materialized economy but we are no where NEAR the likes of that of China and Japan. They are 10x worse then us. So throwing these comments saying that Americans are the worst is not accurate in anyway shape or form as we are not the most materialistic economy out there. At least we dont shut down our country for a day when a video game gets released like the Japanese do. Who is materialistic now?

While i will agree that Americans are a bit under-educated when it comes to audio. The music that is popular here has a big effect on this. The Rappers all put nothign but bad bass in songs just to get people to say "Ohh and Ahh". But not everyone over here is that way.

I have personally worked in the industry. I worked as a person who used to build high quality home theater equipment.

B&K Components: Home

That is the ocmpany i woked for. We built Amps, PreAmps and Recievers. All from the ground up. From the first blank motherboard to the final install of the soldered motherboard into the chassis for final packing and shipping.

Also there we did testing for Audio. We had to test EVERY unit for Stereo, Headphone and Surround sound. We had a test rig setup with everything. We used B&K speakers. So i do have a ear that can pick out where osunds are coming from and if they are distorted or not. So it is not ALL Americans as you so choose to say. It is the majority yes. But not all. So please, for me, stop making it seem that all Americans are the root of evil here. It is not that way. I know a few people around the world that know less of audio than me and my friends here.;)

what I said isn't something that I made up. it's a simple fact. very few Americans know little about good sound. I never said we were the most materialistic country in the world either. but if you want the truth to be told., we've built on brainwashing and materialism. they brainwash us to keep us in line and to stop us from revolting. they really taken brainwashing too far in the new century. I won't even talk about sept 11. don't make me out to be the bad guy. america really is the bad guy, but that has nothing to do when this subject

that still doesn't have anything to the fact that americans know anything about sound. if you work for B&K, then you should know this as fact. it's a simple fact. instead of arguing with me, just research audio. you will see this saying a million times.

most american like bright and boomy sound that will eventually lead to ear fatigue. bright and boomy is never accurate in anybody's book. bright and boomy don't sound distorted to the ear either, even if it is distortion (distortion definition is anything that changes the sound). it sounds rather pleasant. working for a speaker company will never qualify a person to be an audio expert. that has to come from within a person.

marketers exploit this fact. they come out with all kind of BS to sell you a product. your opinion will never change this fact

now most Europeans and Canadians like flat neutral sound (these were the people that americans are compared too.china and japan doesn't have anything to do with it, except to put anything together to sell to us). that's accurate sound. they don't buy their music equipment from fly by night companies made in china or japan. we sure in the heck do.

your post about music actually help prove my point

I get tired of people of the post 2000 era trying to make me out to be terrorist just because I say this. when i used to say this in the pre - 2000 era it was never an issue. you guys think that a person is a bad person if they say anything bad about america. whatever happen to freedom of speech? this exactly why we are the root of evil now. we stopped being a free country 8 years ago

we've sacrifice freedom for security. if you ever heard the old saying then you know that means that we deserve neither

I am not trying to argue nor am i trying to make this into a who hates who more issue. I am just saying there are a lot of places that are worse than the USA. Places that have less knowledge of audio then us. We are just more vocal cause we have the mass media like we do. While those places do not.

I am just saying that everything you are saying about the USA and Americans in general is toward a very selective group of people. Those who are both ignorant and foolish enough to make the remarks they do. I myself do not claim to know everything about audio. You know way more than me. But i do know my stuff and know what i like. While that is different from you that is only because of where and how our life experiences brought us up.

I am jsut saying that there are a lot of worse places and people who know less. That is all.

I am not trying to argue nor am i trying to make this into a who hates who more issue. I am just saying there are a lot of places that are worse than the USA. Places that have less knowledge of audio then us. We are just more vocal cause we have the mass media like we do. While those places do not.

I am just saying that everything you are saying about the USA and Americans in general is toward a very selective group of people. Those who are both ignorant and foolish enough to make the remarks they do. I myself do not claim to know everything about audio. You know way more than me. But i do know my stuff and know what i like. While that is different from you that is only because of where and how our life experiences brought us up.

I am jsut saying that there are a lot of worse places and people who know less. That is all.

yes. I'll acknowledge that. the reason the audio books and magazines (lot of these book are american made too) are so hard of the US is because Americans act like audio experts. then they will try to give somebody else advice on the subject. america is also a powerful country so we should be smart enough to know better. yet our arrogant attitudes won't let us come to know audio

I had my 77 Cadillac for some years. I had a famous system in it. yet lots of people use to come up to me and say "how come you don't have any 4x6's in those 4x6's slots in the dash. I would put 4x6's in there."

if I were an arse, my response would be "that why your system sound like crap and mine don't". I just stay quiet.

for one there will never be an accurate 4x6 ever due to it's shape. music moves like a piston so if you are using diaphragms (I.E. dynamic speakers) they must be circle. so yes 6x9's are not accurate. they're just loud. same as those kickers l7 square woofers.

two. having speakers in those spots in the dash would never give an accurate sound stage. all of my cars (not my blazer though) sounded like a high end home audio system.

again I don't have time to explain this to them so I just ignore their comments.

I get a tendency to get defensive because people these days like to say that I'm unamerican by making this statement, because it's unamerican to criticize amercans these days . yet I have audio books from the 60 and 70's saying that exact same thing. I got attacked by a racist in the other thread for saying this

Eric is right, american people unfortunately are uneducated in sound. They prefer the mega bass rumbling through the house, rather than tight nice punchy bass. The same can be said for Japan, however japan do make good cd players, But guess what, look for a review of a japanese amplifier and it will say 'a slightly warm sounding bass' funny that.

I wouldn't say its the music in america thats at fault, Britains sub 30 year old people like much the same type of music as america do. Rap etc. I think American people seem to have the approach of 'It makes sound, doesn't it ?, so i don't care'

In my opinion, anyway. And yes i do know unfortunately i had to live in america for 4 months :(

well, i do like america and i have to agree with eric and oriox on this one. i am not so bold to say i am an audiophile, but i do take much care in my audio. i listen to 320 k mp3's and have spent over $450 in speakers and cans. it breaks my heart when my friends bass boosted 128 k mp3's loaded on her ipod with her stock headphones sounds better to her than my high bit rate mp3's with my d2 and my ettys. it's horrible.

Look this isnt about who knows more or anything like that. This isnt about attacking a single nation or anything like that. The plain and simple fact is that every place has those people who are ignorant to things. Be it audio, video, PC's, car's or whatever. Nobody knows it all. There is something that someone out there know more than someone else. Even if it is a board game.

Eric i am not syaing anything that you dont know what you are talking about. I am not trying to start a war with you on this. Cause i do know that you know audio better than me. I am jsut asking that you do not single out Americans as being the only group who do not know anything about audio. Cause as Oriox said even the UK now have the crowd under 30 that are jsut as corrupted by the stuff as the same age group in America.

That is all i am asking. We are not trying to single out any person or group for being less knowledgeable about a subject over any other group. Cause i am sure there are people out there that woudl school even you Eric in some subjects. I am jsut asking as a personal favor not to do it. I may be American but i also know that my soceity over here is more vocal about our ignorance than any other. But i also dont like being included into the generalizations of the American society when i am not that way.

That is all i am asking for and saying. Cause i know that there are people out there that know more than me when it comes to many things. Like Magic the Gathering card game or Yu Gi Oh or Pokemon. But i know more than them when it comes to PC and Windows. So it is a fair balance.

I know it is hard to see some people post this stuff and not get all upset and defensive and that. But you can teach then without insulting a whole country that doesnt deserve to be insulted as not everyone here is that way.

Hey i like Mcrosoft software. I dont like them. :p

But plesae lets try to calm down the thread a bit. I am not trying to make war. But if it gets to heated again i will close it down. We dont want wars. We want love...

Okay that was way to scary to say that out loud. :laughing:

But seriously. I can understand educating people. I can understand criticizing ideas. But please dont ciritize a whole group of people. There is always that exception to the rules. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom