Monster cable vs coathangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought it was a funny test.

you got to ignore me and atomic tofu. he has this thing about he always got to be right over me. it doesn't matter what subject is. if I say that I can pee 8 feet then he'll come back claiming to pee 9.

he once tried to argue with me about audio. at the time he didn't realize that audio was my specialty.

he doesn't care one way or the other about audio. he just want me to be wrong. his belief that all audio sound the same came from him saying that on board sound, sounds just as good as a sound card to somebody here and me telling him otherwise. this happened like months ago and it's still eating away at him.

I modified those amp classes in my last post to let people know what kind of amp types that they have. these are general descriptions of the amps.

example these days they make tube amp with a mixture of solid state parts and tubes. they sound good, but they won't replace the mcintosh's with the huge autoformers on them

Off Audio-Review.com
The CreekOBH-11 is a little black box with a tiny green light that you plug headphones into. It's a necessity for those of us who own preamps with no headphone jack. I bought it for $199 after cruising the net and considering the Musical Fidelity can shaped amp and those from Headroom. The Creek just looked like it belonged along side my other components. What it does is rev up the output from your CD player. It can do it directly or you can hook it up to the tape out jacks of your preamp. You don't even need to turn the preamp on, the signal works its way through the preamp to the OBH-11, and you adjust the volume with the beefy knob. Bottom line...this little amp extracts detail like I've never heard before. Just when I thought I needed to upgrade my CAL AUDIO LABS DX1 and my Sennheiser HD 535's, I find that they both sound spectacular when hooked up to the Creek OBH-11. This unit allows you to fully appreciate the difference that quality interconnects make too. I switched out some entry level cable with Audioquest TOPAZ and couldn't believe the difference.
All in all, a delightful piece of electronic gadgetry, guaranteed to give you the kind of audio experience you yearn for. Balanced. Detailed. Sweet. It allows you to forget your equipment and concentrate on music. I highly recommend it.

------------------------------

What ? No mate, no, you REALLY didn't hear any difference. Don't BS to us just because you can't face the fact you wasted $100 on some cables... :D

I love tubes, i use a tube preamp for recording.

But anyways, i have some monster cables (ts to ts) for my workstation and the only real benefit is durability.....basically they have a lifetime warranty so i can take em to the store n get em replaced free if they get messed up. They only cost me a couple bucks more then the regular cables, so i just got em.

you got to ignore me and atomic tofu. he has this thing about he always got to be right over me. it doesn't matter what subject is. if I say that I can pee 8 feet then he'll come back claiming to pee 9.

And he has a next to sexual love for Microsoft *shudder*

And he has a next to sexual love for Microsoft *shudder*

Hahahhaha. So true.

But anyways, when I used to be in a band everyone had their monster cables, and I bought some cheapo livewire cable. I knew that the whole "gold plating" lie made next to no difference. The funny thing is that my cord never had a problem. (not true, I guess, I had to re-solder once). The other guitarist's monster cable broke twice. I would never buy that crap.

I do agree, however, with whoever said that they'd invest in more expensive cables for the durability. (still wouldn't buy monster though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom