Modeling Programs Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concore

Solid State Member
Sorry if this isn't where it is supposed to be. I am wanting to learn to make models for games, and i was wondering, what would be better to learn and why.
3ds max? or Maya? or anything else. I am not worried about cost, just best.

Sorry if this isn't where it is supposed to be. I am wanting to learn to make models for games, and i was wondering, what would be better to learn and why.
3ds max? or Maya? or anything else. I am not worried about cost, just best.

Maya and Cinema 4d are excellent programs for that. If you want to start off slow and build up your knowlege i recomend using the demo of cinema 4d and blender. it teaches you the basic concepts of modeling ( although blender is harder its very powerful ) Rhino is also a good program to start 3d in. :) hope all goes well for you.

trial and error just playing around with the different tools and seeing what they do. I would search for tutorials for whatever program u do try to use and they generally tell you how to work the tools.

Currently I have 3ds max 9, I look at many tutorials and they all expect you to know the basics. Just out of curiosity, what is the deference between Maya and 3ds max

im not sure i have never really tried 3ds Max but i would recomend using Cinema 4d's demo version
its a full program
its just youcant save any of your wireframes but you can render your objects and print screen them and paste em into paint and cut out what u want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom